Queen

Andi POV
At school, I'm very open about my sexuality. At home, not so much. My mother isn't lgbtqa+ supportive which honestly sucks, my dad on the other hand is supportive even though mom hates it. Miranda is my mother's name. My dad is Bowie and he understands me so much better than my mother ever has. We have a lot in common. We both have an edgy\goth aesthetic, listen to classic rock and play guitar together. I came out to him as pansexual in middle school.
Dad and I were at Red Rooster, he was teaching me how to play "Should I Stay or Should I go" on electric guitar. We were really bonding and then out of nowhere I say to him "dad, I'm pansexual" And his response was perfect. "I had a feeling that you would pop up somewhere in that community" I laughed at him and we continued playing.
Telling my mother on the other hand, wasn't the best. It was a Sunday night and we were having dinner. "Mom, I have something to tell you" and she looked up at me "what is it, hon?" She asked. "Don't freak out but... I'm pansexual" I told her. She dropped her fork on the floor and boldly told me to go to my room until I "undo my deviant choice". Dad tried explaining that this isn't a choice but she didn't budge. I remember going to my room, crying, dad came in an hour later and had a record of "The Beatles" and we listened to it until I felt better.
  Telling my friends was super easy, saying that one of them is gay, they were very supportive. There's this waitress at The Spoon that Buffy, Cyrus and Jonah make fun of me for having a "crush" on. Which I don't, she's just really cute but I don't know her well enough to develop actual feelings for. Her name is Amber I learned. I also learned that she is the older sister to one of my good friends TJ which could help me become friends with her because from what I know about her, she is very sweet.

Monday morning

"Andi, I'm driving you to school today" I heard my dad call out. I call out out back to him "I'm almost ready!"

I decided to wear a "Queen" shirt, ripped jeans with fishnet stockings underneath and converse sneakers. I grab my backpack and head out the door to get in Bowie's car. When he noticed what shirt I was wearing, he popped in a CD of Queen. We got to hear three songs before we pulled up to the school. I got out of the car, "bye dad. Love you!"
"Love you too"

There was still ten minutes before the school doors opened so I walked outside for a bit and found a tree to sit under. I started sketching in my notepad, listening to some music and I looked up and saw a girl in a Cheerios uniform. The waitress from the spoon.
  "Hey, is that spot taken" she asks already sitting down. I nodded.
"I'm Amber by the way, I think I've seen you at the spoon. You're a friend of TJ, right?" She asks and I nod my head.
I held out my hand, "Andi. Nice to meet you" Amber shook my hand and I felt my heart race a little. She was so pretty. Agh, stay focused Andi!

"So you're a WMHS Cheerio?" I ask
"actually... I'm the captain! Try-outs are first period for the juniors and seniors today. You're a sophomore so if you want to try out, come down to the gymnasium at sixth period tomorrow" and I laughed a bit at her "thanks for the offer but... I don't do cheerleading and coach Sylvester doesn't seem like the nicest human being"
She looked at me for a second. "You never know. Anyways, the school doors are about to open but maybe I'll see you later?"

"Maybe"

I walked to the entrance and found Buffy hanging out with Marty. They've been hanging out a lot recently, I thought to myself.

"Oh my god, NO! Andi, please tell him that cats are SO much better than dogs" Buffy exclaimed. "Sorry Buffy, you're on your own for this one" I said disagreeing to her protest. Buffy rolled her eyes, "whatever. Anyways, I saw you over there with Amber". I rolled my eyes back at Buffy, "I've said many times that I don't have a crush on Amber, I only know her from The Spoon because she's always our waitress"
I change the subject. "Anyways... are you two dating or what?!" Buffy and Marty look at one another, there was an awkward silence until Buffy's lips moved

"Yeah... are we?"

"Do you want us to be?"

"I kinda do... we have so much fun hanging out and you've met my parents, which they really enjoyed your company, I think we will go well together!"

"Then I guess we will be!"
Marty held Buffy's hand.

I squeal at them with giddiness

"I now pronounce you; boyfriend and girlfriend. You may now be able to hold hands whenever you want! Just not too much because you will make the single people lonely"

Lunch period

I walk to the cafeteria, catching Jonah in the hall.

"Hey Jonah, are you okay?"

Jonah's eyes were red and looked like as if he got no sleep.

"Yeah, well actually, I'm not. My parents have been fighting... a lot. Mom walked out last night. I just want them to be happy again."

I give Jonah a hug. "I'm sorry Jonah. I'm here for you, you can use me as a shoulder to lean on. Even if it's something as simple as wanting an exclusive 'Andi Mack Craft' from the famous 'Andi Shack'"

"Thanks Andi-man"

We walk to an outside table to have lunch. TJ and Cyrus were at the table already and having a conversation.

"I'm just saying that Mr. Shue should have accepted my argument about playing The Jonas Brothers!" Cyrus argued to TJ. "Oh c'mon I like hearing the oldies! What about you, Andi!"

"Are you seeing the shirt I'm wearing?" I gesture my band t-shirt of Queen and TJ high fives me.

Cyrus gives me a sassy face while crossing his arms, "Whatever. Anyways, have you heard about the talent show?"

Jonah lights up at TJ when Cyrus mentions the talent show. "Yeah, you should come see it Cy!"

————————————————————————

Authors note:
Hehehhehe please don't attack me for having Miranda be Andi's mother. I thought it would come along with some good tea. Also, how do y'all like the idea of Amber being the Cheerios captain?! Quinn Fabray who? Leave your thoughts in the comments because I love hearing your feedback<3