NINETEEN

zoedupont
New York, New York

Liked by gemmachamb and 581 otherszoedupont fantastic tour guide + photographer @gemmachambView all 33 comments 

zoedupont fantastic tour guide + photographer @gemmachamb
View all 33 comments 

nadinegionn HAB!
juliette_h so beautiful zoe 💖

Posted 21 hours ago

***

"HAB?" Zoe asked incredulously, laying on Nadine's bed. Nadine sat at her desk doing homework and scoffed at Zoe's question. "Seriously?"

"He doesn't know what it means," Nadine replied easily, typing away on her Macbook. Zoe rolled her eyes and sat upwards, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear.

"He's going to see that and ask." Zoe rolled her eyes. HAB: Hot American Boy. What Nadine and Gemma referred to him as when he tracked Zoe down in the hallway yesterday.

She was in Nadine's room with her makeup already done. She wanted to borrow Nadine's cool jeans for her outing with Ross. He had a car on campus and was going to pick her up any second. Self consciously, she fixed her blouse. She had to dress nicely because they were going out to dinner, but she didn't want to dress too nicely because of the football game. She untangled her layered necklace as she stood up.

"No he's not," Nadine responded easily. "Your ass is out in the picture. He'll be too distracted."

"Shut up," Zoe hastily said, but she could feel her cheeks reddening. The time read 16:50. "I should go to the lobby."

"Give him a kiss from me,"  Nadine said, blowing Zoe a kiss. It earned a smile from Zoe, who shook her head. Nadine was a complete fool.

"That's on a list of things I'm definitely not doing." She shoved her feet into platform sneakers. "I'll see you."

"See you!" she heard Nadine called as she exited the room. Nadine was lucky enough to nab a single as a freshman. Zoe hadn't really talked much to her roommate because they ran in completely different circles. Her roommate was really into theatre and art and museums and Zoe was not sophisticated enough for that. She completely defied the classy French stereotype.

She walked down the white brick hallways of the building and took the elevator to the ground floor. The lobby was recently renovated and super modern. The air conditioning felt nice and she braced herself for the New York heat. A blast of wind hit her face as the automatic doors opened and blew her hair from her face. Cars honked on the narrow street and men in business suits quickly breezed past her.

Hey, I'm out front, Ross texted her. It brought an instant grin to her face. She looked up and there he was, in a predictable convertible. Although Zoe defied the French stereotype, Ross fit the mold for the classic Rich American boy. RAB, if Nadine was up to it. She walked up to the curb and slid into the passenger seat.