Safe and sound

I woke up early like I did every morning but only because I had no blinds on my windows and the sun shot through my window at around 7:30. I got up and seen my drunk parents passed out on the couch they had a bed but they were to drunk to walk to it I walked to the once locked pantry it was unlocked now I played with it for what seemed likes weeks but it was probably only days I don't really know one day my parents just left and then one day they came back I knew they would come back everything in my body was hoping they wouldn't but I knew they would because I'm Autumn Grace Winston and I never get what I want I had an older brother we had one picture of him in our house and my mom said he ran away when he was 10 and never came back since. When I'm 7 or 6 if I even make it that long I'm going to look for him. So I could get out of this hell hole. Anyways I took a Candy bar out and sprinted to my room I locked the door behind me and stared to eat it I hide the wrappers in my closet or under my pillow when mom and dad would leave to get more alcohol I would throw them away I wasn't suppose to be eating until my mom feed me and she hasn't feed me since I was 1 I had to grow up quick around here and when I finally would meet my brother I would be able to be a kid again I hopped he wasn't like my parents. I finished the candy bar and put the wrapper under my pillow when a really loud pound came to the door. I yelped a bit and my dad started screaming for me to unlock the door he was crazy if though I was going to do that and get beat on. I didn't have to be smart to know that. I just started screaming knowing that if my dad got through that door him and my mom would beat me so bad they would kill me and feel no pain. They didn't love me or care for me no one did. If someone really did they would have come to get me a long time ago then the door knob turned all the way and I started screaming with only fear know. The door swung open my dad grabbed me and threw me to the ground I felt like bawling my arm hurt so bad from the way I fell. He started kicking and hitting I yelled and screamed even louder and then sirens filled my ears and that was not different for out neighbour hood. Just kept screaming bloody murmured cause I was terrified I knew that they were going to kill. My father had a lot of anger right now and I was their punching bag even if they did kill me they would at least get sent to jail I hopped. They deserved at lest jail. Then I heard yelling and screaming of a different kind and then my dad punching and kicking stopped. I stopped screaming and replaced it with cry my dad started yelling at me again to shut up but I couldn't I didn't want to. Then some gentle hands that were not my fathers picked me up "shh." It was a women it was my mother I screamed and tried to out of her grip there was a police officer standing there looking at me and I reached out for him he took me out of my mother arms and I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck I knew my mom was only trying to look innocent in front of the police officers and I was not going to try and help her get a. Get outta jail free card. "Please don't leave me here, if you do they are going to kill me." The police officer just held me tighter it felt good to know that someone was there to save me. "Do you have any brothers or sisters?" He asked me. "I have a brother but he doesn't live here anymore and ran away before I was born." I thought about him maybe I was going to see him finally and have someone who was related by blood that cared for me. "What's his name?" The cop asked. "Um.. I don't know." I said I looked at my mom and she looked at me "Dallas. Dallas tucker Winston." She had tears in her eyes. For what she did this to her self I didn't feel any sympathy for the women who beat me all my life and tried starving me the only reason I had clothes is because there was a month my mom and dad left I guess they sobered up they came home sober and it only lasted 2 day. They took her away and I felt relief flood over me they weren't going to hurt me now. "Okay we are going to take you to live with your brother okay so you can pack your stuff up and we will leave in a second." I looked at him with only excitement on my face. "Really!"