Hammer and nails

Dallas P. O. V.
I picked autumn up and she laid her head on my shoulder and then I felt her fall asleep. I decide I was just going to walk to the Curtis house and talk to the guys for awhile. When we got there the hole gang was there. "She sleeping?" Pony asked me. "I don't know you tell me." Pony walk around the side and then walk back to the front and nodded his head. "Yep." "Here." Soda said getting up. "You can lay her down here." I laid her Down on her back and she turned herself to her side facing us. She pulled her left arm up close to her face and her right arm under her head. "She is so precious how could anyone ever hurt her." Pony said out loud taking the words right out of my mouth. "Our parents are heartless people Pony." I sighed the whole gang already took a liking to her. "Hey dal you guys can stay here tonight." Darry said I looked at autumn. "Yeah bucks probably won't be great fo her to stay there I'll have to find a new place." "Dal I don't think you'll need to do that doesn't buck have 3 rooms anyways." Johnny said. "Yeah as long as you put her to bed before the party starts she'll never know." Pony added I shrugged. "I guess." I think they knew I wouldn't be able to hold a job and probably end back up at bucks anyways and if I left he probably would have the rooms filled before I was gone an hour. We sat down I pick autumn back up and laid her on me so they could sit I don't maybe it was autumn but I felt like being a little nicer. Was autumn making me go soft no she can't be I could hide it from everyone if I was and when it was just me and her I would let it show. It was getting pretty late Pony,Soda had went to bed and Steve and two-bit went home. It was just me,Darry and Johnny still awake. "I think I'll actually go to bucks." I said getting up "I have a place to stay Johnny it's cold you stay here." I got up that was not a sign of me going soft I always made sure Johnny was okay before I was. "See ya." I said heading towards the door picking up autumn bag. "Thanks dal, see ya." Johnny said. I walked outta the house and down the road I wasn't even two blocks from the Curtis house when a cold breeze hit me and autumn and me she started to shiver a little and then lifted her head.

Autumn P. O. V.
A cold breeze hit me and sent shiver down my spin were we still walking? "Dallas where are we?" I said looking at him. "Almost there, go back to sleep." He Said with a smile then it faded when lights hit us. I could see the Curtis house he must of stop there while I was sleeping. He put me down and pushed me behind him. I didn't notice that people had got out of the car. "Dallas who are they?" I asked trying not sounding to scared. "I don't know." He said putting one hand on my arm. The guys walked towards us. "Well look who it is." Then there eyes got wide and they started to back up until I peeked out from behinds Dallas leg. "Oh I see you have a little friend Dallas, she looks a little young for you though." He spit. "Shut the hell up Bob." The guys eyes got wide and then he smirked. "I see we hit a nerve." "Bob let's just go." A guy with curly hair said putting a hand on bobs shoulder. "No randy we came to show a greaser a good time and if it's not these two then maybe it'll be that kid what's his name again Randy." He paused and then smirked even wider. "Oh right Johnny, well we already showed him a great time but I suppose he wouldn't mind to party again." They were getting under Dallas skin quick he was clenching his jaw and his fist were turning white. "You even do as much as look at him or her the wrong way and I will kill all of you." He said pushing me closer to him. "Aw Randy I think Dallas Winston is going soft." Bob finished throwing his flask in his car. While he was turned Dallas just ran and knocked him to the ground and started punching him between punches bob yelled. "Randy you dumb ass get the kid." They came running I screamed and they all knocked me to the ground I hit my head and was knocked out cold.

Dallas P. O. V.
I was so angry I couldn't hide it anymore Bob turned and I just ran tackled him. Punching him he managed through my punches to tell his monkeys to get autumn I heard her screaming and then it fade and the guys backed away I picked up Bob and threw him to the ground he stayed down and I walked over the other guys ran to their car picking up bob and speeding off autumn was knocked out I picked her up. "Hey Autumn." Nothing I picked up our stuff and walked back to bucks their was a party going on but I just swung the door open in a mad huff a girl grabbed my arm and I only walked faster I guess I made her fall cause a guy came after me but buck knew I would win the fight if it were to break out so he stopped him and I just ran up the stairs. When I got to the top I laid autumn down on the bed covered her up and then got into bed. I got up in the morning and autumn was still sleeping I shook her and realized she was still passed out. I picked her up again and went down the stairs buck was cleaning the glass from last night. "Who's this doll?" Buck asked. "My little sister." Buck cocked an eyebrow then shrugged his shoulders. I kept walking. "Dal." He said looking up at me from the counter with only his eyes. "Yeah Buck." I said not stoping or turning. "You can take my car to the Curtis."
"Okay Thanks buck." I walked out to the car and sat Autumn down in the passenger seat and drove of to the Curtis. When we got there I rushed in. "Darry." I yelled my voice kinda was shaky cause she hadn't woken up on the drive. Everyone ran in "Dallas what's wrong." Darry said looking at me shocked he knew it was something to do with Autumn. "Last night some socs jumped we'll not really jumped they pushed her though and she hit her head, I guess." Darry motioned for me to put her down on couch. "Why did you wait so long?" Darry asked while I laid her down. "I don't know. I though she would be awake by now." I looked at Darry. "Well jeez she just new and the socs are already after. Jeez Dal you gotta a tag on your back or something." Two-bit flashed a smile. I rolled my eyes and only kept my eyes on Autumn. "I don't know dal I guess we just have waited out." Pony came back in with a cold face cloth and gave it to Darry he put it on her head and nothing not even a flinch. Johnny sat on the edge of the couch and Darry turned on the T. V. We all sat on the floor but Soda who sat in Darry's arm chair and Darry who just stood there. "Umm dal?" Johnny said I shot my head towards Johnny only to see Autumns was moving around I got up we all crowed around her. Then she rubbed her eyes. She looked around and seemed confused then her eye teared up. "Hey Autumn don't cry, we're here nothing gonna happen to you." Soda said. I knelt down beside the couch. She just hugged me I hugged her back I didn't care that the gang was there.

Autumn P. O. V.
I woke up and at first I though that the gang crowding around me was the socs but then Soda started talking I seen his lips moving but there was this ring in my ears that made it so hard to hear him. It was kinda scaring me then Dallas knelt down beside me and I hugged him because I was scared. When I was hugging Dallas my head started to hurt so bad I couldn't think I just knew I needed to stop the pounding. I though someone was hitting my head so I picked up my head from Dallas shoulder to see who it was that was hitting me in the head. I turned and no one was behinds me but Johnny and pony were on both side of me. I looked but noticed that when I was turned to them it was still there so I turned to the rest of the gang a of this think was making my head hurt even worse I grabbed my head then said. "Stop!" I looked at everyone they all looked confused and backed away from me Dallas got up. "Autumn. Stop what we aren't touching you." Dallas said putting his hands in his pockets. "Well Someone is hitting me in the head." I said noticing it was still there after they were all back up. I looked around I rubbed my ears Ponyboy was talking but I couldn't hear him. "What?" He raised an eyebrow. "I can't hear you guys if your going to whisper." I said sitting myself up straight. Dallas walk closer and everyone followed. "Okay what's wrong what hurts?" He said kneeling down again. "My head hurts really bad it feels like someone's hitting it with a hammer, and my ears are ring I cant barley hear myself think." I looked at Dallas with pleading eyes. "Umm." Darry said then he left and walked into the kitchen. He came back in with a half an aspirin. "Here." He said passing it to Dallas. Dallas passed me it and passed me a cup of water. After I swallowed it my headache didn't go away and the ring didn't stop. "It didn't work." I said looking at Darry. "It's not a miracle drug it's going to take some time to kick in." I laid back on the couch and groaned. "It needs to work know." Soda picked me up and I curled my head into his neck and fell fast asleep. I don't know how with all the pounding.