PART SIX: I Have A Plan

********

Ally's breathing starts getting heavier as you stand kissing in the hallway.
She backs you into the wall by the front door, causing you to quickly jerk your recently cut arm out from behind your back, but it gets caught somewhere in between making you wince.

"Ah-"
You quickly bite your lip, hoping Ally's too caught up in the moment to notice, but no such luck.

She grabs your arm, looking at the blood-stained sleeve in horror.

"Oh my god what happened?!"

You push her to the side, "it's nothing, I hurt my arm and I just knocked it again that's all."

She follows you through into the kitchen.

"When you say you hurt your arm?"

Might as well tell her.
If she cares about me the way she says she does, it won't matter.

"I cut my arm.
Sometimes I cut myself when everything gets a bit much, it helps me...And I know it's the world's shittest coping technique but sometimes it's all I have."

You meet Ally's gaze, her eyes looking back at you filled with sadness.
It makes you feel guilty.

"Look, I'm fucked up okay.
I know you want to think of me as this sexy, confident woman but-"

"You think I'm not fucked up?
And you are a sexy, confident woman.
You hurting yourself doesn't change that, but it breaks my heart.
And it's not all you have now, you have me and I'm not going anywhere.
I can't lose you...I love you."

Your stomach drops as if you've just plummeted down a rollercoaster track.

"What?"

Ally looks down to the kitchen floor and starts fidgiting with her coat sleeve, feeling as vulnerable as ever.

"Sorry.
I mean...It's too soon, I shouldn't have said anything."

You're not quite sure what you want to say back.
There's silence a few moments, before the sound of the aliminium zip being dragged down on your hoodie breaks it.

Ally looks up at you slightly confused as you throw the purple hoodie on the floor, looking back at her.

You walk towards the door, grabbing her hand on the way out and leading her up the stairs.

"This is my bedroom door," you say softly as you reach the top, eliciting a huge grin out of Ally.

It makes you smile too as you lean in to kiss her, before crashing into your bedroom backwards and landing onto the soft, black sheets with Ally on top of you.

*******
You're lying slightly propped up with a pillow against the bedframe.

Ally's head is resting on your shoulder as you stroke back her silky, brown hair.
You've both just about come down for your high.

"Hey, if you know Winter is fucking Ivy...Why is she still Oz's nanny?"

Ally looks up, "because I need them both to think everything is normal."

"That's cryptic,' you giggle.

"I need them both to carry on doing what they're doing, thinking I don't know.
I have a plan.
Ivy thinks I'm going to just give in and take her shit for the rest of my life-"
You hear a tone in Ally's voice you've never heard before,
"-well I'm not.
I thought I needed her to help me with all the things I'm scared of but...I don't.
You helped me see that.
All I want now is Oz and you."

You kiss the top of her head, "and you know you don't need me either, right?"

She whips her head back up, frowning at you.

"I mean, you don't need anyone.
You would be an amazing Mom to Oz on your own and you'd overcome all your phobias to look after him, I know you would."
She grips you tightly, pressing her head into your chest.

"Thank you.
But you're with me, right?"

"With you?"

Ally slowly looks up, slightly bashful as she bites her thumb, taking a moment before she continues,
"will you be my girlfriend?"

You don't mean to laugh but it just slips out, "well this is the weirdest arrangement I've ever been a part of, but yeah, I'll be your girlfriend."

Ally flashes you all her perfect white teeth, her smile spreading right from ear to ear.

"But what about Ivy?"

She throws a pillow against the bedframe next to you, sittting up to lie back on it.

"Don't worry about Ivy. She won't be a problem much longer."

______________

End of part 6.