Chapter 15

“To the window, to the wall, to the wall, till the rain drips down my balls, all these ladies crawl,” Tori sings with the angelic, harmonized voice she has. I wonder why she would sing something like that. I know the song, but Tori is very unpredictable. 

 “Tori, you don’t have balls,” I state to her. 

 “Maybe I do,” says Tori, grinning creepily at me, feels like she wants to rape me. That’s Tori for you, creeping you out when you’re best friends with her.  

My eyes widened as I raised a brow. “Is there something you’re not telling me?” I ask her. 

 I think I’m not capable enough to hear what Tori has hidden for almost all of her life years thus far. Tori might have might balls, which is a very shocking thing for to hear. Tori is. . . odd at times. I never got around to mentioning it, but it’s very true nevertheless. 

 “Is there something you’re not telling me?” She repeats my question, trying to interrogate me. 

 “Uh,” what could I be concealing away from Tori? I tell her everything. 

 “Exactly, because you don’t want to tell me that you’re a cross dresser.” Did she have to say that out loud while we’re in gym class running track with classmates around us? 

 I can feel my classmate awkwardly staring at me as if I was beyond weird than their weird capabilities. Not only did I feel it, I can see it. It’s like I’m in a situation that has no way of escaping unless something unexpected occurs to free me from this, which is unlikely for me. I have bad of luck at times of need, and Tori had to emphasize it with the whole cross dresser thing. Thank you, Tori. 

 “That was a joke people, carry on,” I say, hoping my awkward moment would die off easily and quickly. Luckily for me, it did, but only since Chance and Christian once again overlap Tori and I and the rest of our classmates. Only ten minutes in gym and they overlap us a fifth time. I swear, they are not normal beyond humanity. Plus, they always want to compete against each other in anything sports-related. “And I’m not a cross dresser,” I add on, angrily murmuring to Tori. 

 “Okay, fine. If you say so,” says Tori. “Also, what are you doing tomorrow for Valentine’s Day?” She asks me curiously, literally getting up all in my face, which I had to brush her face out of the way. 

 I knew by now that she would ask such a question for me to answer honestly. There’s really nothing for me to do tomorrow – it’s a Saturday just for your information. “Most likely going to stay home,” I say honestly, which I re-think my schedule for tomorrow. Nope, definitely staying home. 

 “Want Chris and I to keep you company?” She asks me, offering to give up their special day to hang out with me so I won’t feel anymore depressed, which I’m not really. 

 I won’t as to go let Tori and Chris ruin their special day together just to keep me company as if I felt like a forever alone loner. They need to enjoy themselves on their first Valentine’s Day together. Just because I’ll be alone – not forever alone – doesn’t mean they need to worry about me. They don’t need to drop everything because I don’t have a partner. That’s stupid, rather most ridiculous. Besides, I’ll be in the safety of my own house with my mother and siblings. My father will be working. 

 “No, I’ll be fine,” I say. I really will. 

 “You sure?” For her to make sure. 

 “Yes,” I reassure her, giving her a smile. 

 “Okay,” she says. 

 It came to my realization – nothing usually does till I’m doing something – that running track is non-stop exhausting of the lungs. It’s tiring to continuously run without no breaks. That’s how our gym teachers trains us, that’s how he does gym class, and he’s ironically the coach of the football team and even the cross country team. He wants us to be healthy and fit adolescents, even when venturing on into adulthood.