Chapter 7

The beautiful start to the day declined to nothing but chaos when nighttime arrived.

A determined wolf against a determined man? Hmm, what ever could go wrong?

Anton had known it would be hard. A wild creature couldn't get used to domestic life overnight, but his she-wolf had taken the term of "You're to stay with me" to a whole new level.

A carcass in his foyer, white hairs on every surface and a wolf sitting on his lap?

Well, he didn't mind the last matter. In fact, his wolf didn't seem to either by the way she was wriggling on him.

But the rest? No way!

His wolf had to learn some basic house rules.

"Okay, enough! Stop behaving like you're in heat! You don't have to do everything I say, just the more important things."

His white beauty finally stopped moving around on his body. Her eyes looked deep into his own. Is that really what you want me to do? They tried to tell him.

He could actually imagine the soft lyrical voice echoing through the cozy silence.

"You're impossible! Did you know that?" He groaned in defeat as he slumped down on the couch and closed his eyes.

He couldn't go far anyway, couldn't clean up the mess his wolf had made. He couldn't even deal with the carcass in his home! And all because a wolf had decided he would be her perfect cushion for the night.

She was smarter than he had first given her credit for. And that had been a lot to begin with.

His body heaved in a sigh. What had he gotten himself into? The sigh quickly morphed into a yawn and he heard the wolf respond with her own.

His head was resting on the sofa's arm rest, eyes closed and hands buried in her warm fur.

The weight on him shifted. More pressure pressed on his chest and sharp claws and bones poked into him. Anton's eyes slitted open just as the long wolf tongue began licking.

His face was soon covered in saliva, his laughter rang through the dazed atmosphere and his wolf yipped happily.

The creature was sprawled flush against him, chest to chest, belly to belly, everything aligned perfectly.

Anton's body shivered with every touch. Goosebumps raised on his skin as her body began to vibrate and purr. Her head tilted to the side, moving down his neck and he was helpless to do anything.

His last doubts flew out of his mind the second her tongue pressed on his pulse. A deep inhuman groan escaped his throat. It was a noise he had never made before, but one he would soon become better acquainted with he was sure.

"Ooooh, stop doing that! Stop!" He pleaded as she tickled him further. The animal understood his request perfectly. Her tail thumped against the back of the couch in rhythm with her tongue that pressed even harder against his skin. Her body moved, lithe and elegant as a sprite against his.

Her tongue was persistent with every stroke.

It didn't matter to him though, because she was his. Nothing else mattered to him now.

Having enough of her demanding ways he reached around her to take a firm hold of her shoulder and back. In one swift move he had the large female on her back on the floor.

He hovered over her, his nose was breathing in the essence of her scent. Anton's head moved down her throat, parting the thick fur to see glimpses of her pink skin. Her legs were suspended in the air around him, holding still.

She was waiting. Waiting to see what he would do next. Her self satisfied purring had never ceased and growls were reverberating from the walls.

When he reached the junction in her neck he stopped. He didn't feel like tickling her as well.

But it wasn't the right time. He barely knew her. They hadn't even properly introduced themselves yet.

It was physically demanding to release the wolf. Anton strained against the pull he felt towards her.

"The timing isn't right, beautiful." His hoarse whisper was swallowed by the crackling fire. "I barely know anything about you. Let us learn about each other and be rational."

The wolf rolled over and sat up. She faced him on the carpet staring him down.

"I'm Anton Jaeger. I'm twenty five and this is my home. My parents are both dead and I have no other family. I live alone and make money with pictures." He showed the wolf his camera. Earlier he had retrieved it from outside and was glad to see no damage was done to it overnight.
"Otherwise I still own my ancestors caribou which I use as sustenance throughout the winter. I hunt and I fish. I'm not too big on vegetables so I mainly eat meat."

During his speech his wolf had nodded along. Another sign of her intelligence.

Seeing as she couldn't speak it was up to Anton to question her. It was going to be either yes, or no for answers.

"Do you have a name, beautiful?"

An energetic lick of her lips and a nod later he was making his way out of the room.

He still felt strained as he moved to grab the book he was looking for from the office.

The wolf had followed him down the hall and stood in the doorway. He turned around and walked back to the sofa, his wolf hot on his heels.

The room's temperature was lulling and calming when he settled back down. His legs sprawled on the length of the couch and he parted the free space alongside him.

Without having to ask twice, his wolf had jumped up and lay down. Her blue eyes watched him expectantly, her ears pricked high in anticipation.

Anton smiled at the beautiful creature.

"It's time to find your name, beautiful."