Chapter 8

Izzy wasn't nervous, she was excited and the beat to the song of her favorite artist pumped through her blood as she waited for her turn to head to the stage. She smiled from backstage as the crowd went wild to Wizkid's recent single and it was her current favorite. She had already made a dance video to it and it was up on her Instagram page, some of the moves she and the other dancers had added to their routine.

The part where she was meant to go on approached and she took a deep breath as she tamed her smile. She jogged onto the stage and joined the other dancers, taking her position in the middle and launching into the routine. She was consumed, not just with the bass of the beat but with screams of the crowd. She knew she was getting noticed by not just other upcoming dancers but also by Wizkid's fans. So, most of them knew who she was, they knew who all his dancers were. It was just surreal sometimes how far she had gotten in the Show-Biz world.

The smile on Andre's face was glued on the second Izzy went on stage. He couldn't help it; she was fierce and it was sexy as fuck. Andre had gotten a pass to the VIP section, well technically his personal assistant got the tickets but who was checking. He had dragged Fred out of his penthouse to go along with him and he knew he had made the right choice when he saw his friend begin to relax a few minutes into the show.

Andre's gaze was fixed on the stage, on Izzy to be specific, his gaze hadn't wavered and neither had his smile. He watched her with a drink in one hand as he bent forward and rested his arms on the railings. He turned when he saw from his periphery as Fred took out his phone from his pocket.

"Please tell me that is not work." Andre said

"No. Josie texted," Fred replied.

They had called her when they left for the show but Josie hadn't picked up.

"She says her phone was in her bag and she just saw the missed calls." Fred said

"Where is she?" Andre asked

Fred typed and waited a moment before he replied.
"Here."

That got Andre's attention which made him snap his gaze to Fred who had a smile on his face.

"You're joking."

"No." Fred replied as he kept typing "She came for Izzy, not Wizkid."

Andre nodded.
That explained it. They both knew Josie's preferences and Wizkid wasn't one of them in the music department.

Fred got Andre's attention when he saw his friend search the crowd below them.

"What is it?" He asked

Fred glanced at Andre and back at the crowd below.
"She's here with Mia."

Andre's brow shot up.
"Mia." He said "Josie's Mia."

Fred looked at his friend.
"Is there any other?"

Andre held back his smiled and shook his head as he turned his gaze back to the stage and let his smile lose. Fred had a thing for Josie's other friend and he couldn't wait to see what happens.

"I'm going to go." Fred said as turned around and placed his glass on the table. "I'll see you around."

"Don't do anything I wouldn't." Andre called.

"No, thank you." Fred said as he walked to the door "I wouldn't do anything you would."

Andre smiled as his friend walked out and he turned his gaze back to his sexy dancer. She stood out among the other dancers and he wasn't able to snap out of the haze. Andre stayed near the railings the entire show and even after Wizkid went off stage and the dancers stayed back for the closing act which was freestyling.

Izzy didn't understand the feeling in the pit of her stomach. She knew it wasn't because of the show, it was something else. Eyes were on her but she felt one burning through her like magma. It twisted her stomach into knots, her heart race, and her skin burn. As soon as the music ended, Izzy and the rest of the dancer lined up on the edge of the stage and smiled at the crowd. Izzy looked around the large concert hall and smiled, her gaze lifting to the other sections of the hall. She scanned the section and did a double-take when she caught his gaze. He was far away but she was pretty sure it was him.

She frowned.
What was he doing here?

Andre turned around a moment after she caught his gaze. He had doubted she would have been able to see him with the spotlight on her and the rest of the dancers but he was wrong. He didn't want to hide from her, quite the opposite actually but he would have settled with just watching her cause God knows he loves watching her.

Now that she had seen him, what was he going to do?

Nothing. He had come to watch her perform and that was over. Izzy would have an after-party to attend or something. He was going to head out for the night.

Izzy's brow creased as she watched him turn around and leave.

Where was he going? And How long had he been there?

"Iz." Her friend tugged on her hand.

She turned to look at her and noticed she was the only one on the stage. The rest had gone. She took one last glance at the section she had seen him before she sighed and walked off stage.

"You coming with us to the after-party?" Fatima asked

"No. I'll head there with my friends." Izzy said as she walked around back and dialed Josie's phone.

"Hey. Where are you?"

"Making my way out. It's so crowded." Josie's voice was mixed with loud chatter in the background.

"Alright, meet me out back with the car."

"Ok." Izzy's car keys were with Mia who had driven them there.

A few minutes and Josie pulled up in front of Izzy who frowned as she got into the passenger's seat.

"Where's Mia?" Izzy asked

"She got lost, bumped into Fred, and decided to leave with him." Josie said, "Where to?"

"Up for a party?"

Josie said
"Up for anything with you."

Izzy smiled as she put the address into the GPS.
"Let's get the night started then."

Josie smiled as she pulled into the street.

***********************************************************************************************

Hey guys,

Another update, hope you liked it. Currently working on the next chapter which will be up before midnight only on Inkitt.

Happy Holi,

J.L.