Chapter 40

Andre watched her every move from the monitor in his office and just as she hung up on whoever she was talking to, his phone rang.

"Yea, Josie?" He answered.

"What the hell did you do?"

He swallowed.
"I didn't do anything."

"Maybe that's the problem," Josie yelled. "What is your problem?! Do you like seeing her this way?"

He shut his eyes.
"Josie, you know I don't. It's been really hard trying to get past everything and then she suddenly shows up."

"I know you're hurting but she is too. She showed up at my apartment last night with an injured ankle. She flew all the way to Seattle to fix things with you, you should have at least given her a chance."

"I thought she came her with Laurieann's team." He was now very confused.

"Yea, with an injured ankle as well. She can't dance with that ankle, besides even if she could, she's taken a few weeks off."

That surprised him.

He let out a sigh.
"She didn't say anything about that."

"Of course she didn't, why would she want your pity," Josie said. "But knowing Izzy, she probably poured her heart out, and knowing how strong-headed you are, you probably walked all over it."

"Hey, you don't expect me to just forget everything that happened just because she showed up with a heartfelt apology."

"She messed up, she knows it and she's sorry about it and wants to mend things with you. Isn't that enough?"

"Let me ask you this Jo."

"Ask away."

"If he showed up with a heartfelt apology and regret wanting to mend things with you, would you jump into his arms?"

Josie was silent for a moment.
"That's different and you know it."

Andre sighed.
It was and it wasn't.

"Look, I didn't want to be in the middle of this and I still don't. But it breaks my heart to see two of my best friends suffering because one of them won't take a chance. But like I said, I don't want to be in the middle of this." Josie said. "So, do whatever it is you have to do. I'm going back to work."

Andre was left with his conscience eating away at him after Josie hung up. He did the only reasonable thing he could at that moment. He went home for the day because he sure as hell wouldn't be able to get anything done.

Izzy was curled up in bed when Josie got back to her apartment.

"Hey, are you ok?" Josie asked from the door. "You didn't sound too good on the phone."

"I just got what was coming to me." She said. "I wouldn't have reacted any differently if I were in his shoes."

Josie sighed.
"I'm really sorry it didn't work out as you thought it would."

"There's always tomorrow." Josie smiled at her inability to back out from a fight.

"That's the Izzy I know and love," Josie said. "Now get your ass up and come have dinner with me."

Izzy arrived at the AFTech company building the next morning asking to see Andre again.

"Mr. Leon isn't around." The receptionist she spoke to yesterday said.

"When will be he be here?"

"I don't know."

"Can you call his assistant to check with him?" She asked. "Please, it's urgent." She added before the receptionist could say no.