Chapter 25

Izzy waited in the parking lot for Andre. She still had the adrenaline from her performance pumping through her veins. She hadn't wanted to stay backstage doing nothing knowing Andre was out there somewhere. She had to get to him, she needed to see him.

Over the past couple of days, he had been nothing but amazing. Knowing how important the show was for her, he hadn't complained when she was busy with rehearsals or too tired to go out with him or hang out with him, he'd come over to the apartment with food and his magic hands. They'd eat and he'd just lay next to her and talk, and every time she slept off in the middle of the conversation and instead of calling her out on it the next day, he'd just do it again.

Izzy spotted Andre heading her way and a smile lit up her face as she walked briskly towards up. He smiled when he caught sight of her and she ended up running the rest of the way jumping into his arms. Andre braced himself for the jump, but the kiss was what surprised him. Izzy wasn't one for PDA.

"Hey." She said when she pulled back from the dazing kiss.

"Hey right back." Andre couldn't help smiling around her. "Not that I'm complaining but what's with the PDA?"

She shrugged.
"Just because." She said. "How was I?"

"You don't need me to tell you how fantas..."

"Oh. My. God!" Izzy's surprised voice made him remember his guest who had followed him out here.

"Right." He said as he placed her in her feet. "Surprised?"

Izzy looked from his guest behind him to him and then back.
"How...?" She was shocked speechless.

"Belle, I guess I don't have to introduce you to..."

"Laurieann Gibson." She said taking a step towards her. "Oh my goodness, it's a pleasure to meet you in person."

"Likewise." She said, "I saw your performance on stage and it piqued my interest."

"Uh-I... that's...well...thank you?" Izzy couldn't find the right thing to say. Her whole life she's looked up to this amazing dancer and choreographer standing right in front of her. It was unbelievable.

Andre smiled at Belle being star struck.
"She might need a minute to get her tongue and her brain on speaking terms."

Izzy swatted Andre's arm as she kept her gaze on Laurieann.
"How are you even here?"

"I'll let Andre answer that, I really have another engagement in a few minutes." She said checking her watch then looking back up at Izzy.

"Don't let me keep you then." Izzy said, "It was nice meeting you."

Laurieann offered her hand
"Same here..."

"Isabelle." Izzy said as she shook her hand and let go before she held in for too long.

Laurieann gave a curt nod to Andre before she walked to her car and drove off with Izzy gaping after her.

"I'm surprised you didn't ask her to sign any part of your body." Andre said behind her.

Izzy turned to him still in shock.
"How did you...?"

Andre smiled.
"I'm glad you're happy."

"Happy?" She asked, "I was happy after my performance, now I'm just uh..." She searched for the right words but couldn't find any and sighed.

She looked at Andre with a smile.
"You leave me speechless." She said, "No one's ever done anything as major for me as this and I'm beyond happy, I'm also very grateful; to you and for you."

Andre leaned in and kissed her.
"I'm grateful for you too."

"And...I'm kind of glad to have you in my life." Izzy said playfully as she pulled away from him.

Andre took her hand in his as they walked to his car. Izzy had gotten a ride with Michelle so her car wasn't here.
"Kind of uhn?"

Izzy scrunched up her nose.
"Yea."

Andre shook his head with a smile.
"Hungry?"

"Like you have to ask."

They were seated across each other in a booth at a local restaurant a while later.

"...and she came out of nowhere, angry and on a mission and she said: Leave my friends alone! Then the dude turned to her and I saw the anger melt down." Izzy laughed as she recollected the scene. "She was already shaking on her spot and she finally said: Please, leave us alone. I swear the dude took pity on her and finally left us."

Andre grinned as he watched Izzy in tears from laughing. She had been telling him stories about the girls.
"Josie is like that; even if she doesn't have anything to give, she still tries." He said, "What about Mia?"

"Mia is a modern Cinderella." Izzy said, "She's her fairy godmother too, all in one. She tries to balance her life between her goal of owning a firm and her bad-girl side. I think she's scared of losing either, she doesn't want to lose her fun side while striving for her career."

"Wow." Andre said, "You are all very zealous."

"In our own ways, yea." Izzy said "I used to think there was nothing beyond my career. That nothing mattered more than my dance or my job."

"What happened?" He asked

She smiled at him.
"You."

Andre smiled.
"That is..."

"Cheesy, I know." She looked away. "I was never like this, it's all because if you."

"Only you would compliment me seconds before you blame me." He said.

Izzy smiled as she took a bite from her burger and sipped in her Ultimalt.
"I feel bad for not seeing Josie to the airport today."

"She understands, believe me." He said, "And Fred was happy to do it cause he got to see Mia when he picked her up for the airport."

Izzy laughed.
"You are a mean friend."

Andre laughed.
"So Mia and Fred uhn." He said.

"I know right." She said "It's crazy. She says he's giving her space to study for the bar exam which is very sweet of him."

"Space to study?" He asked, "What's that?"

"Mia sees Fred as a distraction, if he's around while she's supposed to study, she wouldn't be able to concentrate."

Andre shook his head.
"If he's around when she's studying, he can help her; ease her mind when she gets to tensed, bring her down from her high."

Izzy shook her head.
"Uh-uhn, not true." She said, "It would be distracting for her because of her feelings."

Andre frowned.

"Ok." Izzy began. "It's like you coming to my dance class and watching me the entire time; I wouldn't be able to concentrate."

Andre shook his head.
"No, it would make you more focused, make you want to dance more."

"I give up!" She said with raised hands in mock surrender. "Clearly guys think of distraction in a different way."

"Then we'll agree to disagree." He said.

"Deal." She said, "No more distraction talk."

"No more." He said, "Until it comes up again."

Izzy rolled her eyes.
"I hope it doesn't."

******************************************************

Hey guys,

Happy Monday. Today, classes begin and I'm getting my laptop back from the repair shop.

I wrote this on my phone which wasn't as comfortable as typing on my laptop but here you are, I make no promises but I'll update on Fridays.

I hope you enjoy this and look forward to my next update.

Thanks guys,
J.L.