Chapter 18

Chase and I found our usual spots for lunch outside of the cafeteria. Chase looked at me as we ate with a look of concern on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing with Kylie?" He asked. I cooked an eyebrow at him in response. "I'm just saying.....I could see it in your eyes that she really hurt you. And now you two are dating. How are you sure she won't hurt you again?"

"I appreciate the concern Chase. But I know that history will not repeat itself. Kylie herself told me that she fucked up, and I could tell that she regrets that." I replied.

Chase looked at me with a conflicting face for a minute, before he relaxed. "Well Jason, I am totally hopefully that you are right." He said.

"I know that I am right. Besides...." I said, trailing off to look behind him at Kylie and Clary coming our way. "I think you have other things to think about."

Chase looked at me confused so I pointed behind him. Once he turned and saw the girls, o could see his ears start to redden. No question he was nervous as hell.

Clary on the other hand beamed when the two made eye contact with each other. And of course Kylie sent a smile my way when she looked in my direction. And it is the most amazing thing in the world. Always has been, always will be.

"Hey guys." Kylie said, taking a seat next to me. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and she leaned into me.

Clary sat right beside Chase, and still had that smile on her face. Chase on the other hand looked like he couldn't believe what was happening. He was enjoying it, but he was still shocked.

"Hi Chase." She said in a flirting voice.

Chase gulped. "H-hi." He stuttered.

"You can calm down, she's not going to eat you." I said with a grin on my face.

Chase rolled his eyes at me and looked back at Clary. While those two were chatting, I felt soft lips press against my cheek. I smiled at the sensation and looked to me left. Sure enough, Kylie was smiling right back at me.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it." She said.

"No need to apologize. In fact I'll let you do that more often......Kyles." I responded.

Kylie's smile fell as she looked at me. "Well continue to call me that and you won't be getting any more anytime soon." She said.

I laughed in response and kissed her forehead. "You know I like messing with you Kylie." I said.

"Yes I'm well aware of that." She said. But her smile returned. "You're lucky that I tolerate it."

"I'm just lucky to have you." I said truthfully. Kylie's eyes shined at my comment and she leaned in closer to my face. Unfortunately our moment was ruined.

"Don't make me throw up you guys!" Chase said with a smirk. Clary was trying hard not to laugh at the two if us.

Kylie growled lowly in annoyance. "Do you mind?" I asked, looking at the two of them.

"Nope, I don't." Chase said gleefully and the laughter finally escaped from Clary. Chase looked in her direction and smiled at her laughter.

"You're funny." She said. I just grinned at my best friend as he was finally meeting his crush. I debated on saying something about that last comment he made or letting them slide. When Kylie got my attention again I ended up letting him slide.

"Jason, I wanna talk to you about something." Kylie said with a serious look in her face. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Clary's face switch to a look of seriousness when Chase wasn't looking.