Chapter 19

I woke up due to a warm and satisfying sensation. And sure enough, I looked up and saw Kylie, leaning over me. I then realized that I was on her lap and my shoulder was bandaged.

Kylie looked absolutely miserable. Her eyes were red and puffy, and her make up was running down her cheeks, indicating that she was crying. Her hair was a little frizzy and, squinting closer, I saw bags under her red and puffy eyes. However, she still managed to send me that amazing smile.

"Hi Kylie." I said, sending a grin her way.

"Hi Jason." Kylie said, rubbing the back of my head with her fingers. "How are you feeling?" she asked, concern evident in her voice.

"Better now." I said, leaning into her touch. Then something flashed in my mind. "Wait, where's Chase?" I asked.

"Relax, he's fine. He's over there." Kylie said, looking to her left. I followed her gaze and sure enough, Chase was laying there on Clary's lap, in a similar position to what I was in, but it seemed as if he had yet to awaken. Clary was also stroking his head softly, with a not-so-happy look on her face.

"Oh." was all I could think of at the moment to say.

"Jason, why did you go into the park? I thought I had specifically told you not to go outside!" Kylie said in anger.

"Chase's idea to begin with." I started. "I rebelled against it at first, but after all the stuff that's been going on we just wanted to hang out."

"Well you could've hung out indoors." Kylie said sternly. Then I started putting on a face of anger myself.

"Well we would've stayed indoors if you had just told us that there was another wolf in the area! I'm assuming that's what the whole fiasco was about?" I asked. Kylie's silence answered for me. "Why didn't you just tell me about it?! Do you know how worried I've been about you?! I've called you multiple times, texted you numerous times, and I've even gone over to your house just to see if you're alright, and you never responded to me! How the hell was I supposed to have known if you were alright when I didn't even know why you were gone in the first place Kylie?!" I continued.

Kylie's face remained hard for a moment, before she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She had a soft look on her face when she reopened them and said, "I just wanted to keep you safe."

"Then why didn't you tell me what the whole deal was about?" I asked in a softer tone, yet I never tried masking the hurt I felt. "You know I don't like being left out of the loop Kylie. Did you think I was gonna faint when you told me? Do you not trust me enough to tell me?" I asked.

"No, that's not it I swear." she said in a desperate tone. "I guess I thought that by not telling you about the danger you would be more at ease. But now I see that it was hurting you more than helping you.....literally." she said.

I then sighed and cupped her cheek. "I'm sorry I made you worry about me for the last.......however long it's been since the attack." I said.

"A few hours." Kylie said, placing her hand on top of mine that was on her cheek, and rubbing her thumb back and forth on it. "And I'm sorry for not telling you in the first place, and making you worry about me for days." she added.

We both smiled at each other and I asked, "Are we alright now?"

"I think we are." she said, still grinning. She then leaned down and softly placed her lips onto mine.

We both heard a groan from nearby and we saw Clary rolling her eyes. "Get a room will you?" She asked, her arms still wrapped protectively around Chase's head.

We both glanced at her for a moment before we directed our attention back to each other. "So, what was that all about? With the wolf?" I asked.

Kylie put on a grim look before she replied. "Rogues. They've been seen in our territory for a little while now." She said. I was about to ask what exactly rogues are when she seemed to read my mind. "Rogues are wolves with no families or packs. They are extremely Savage and are extremely unpredictable. Whenever a rogue is spotted in your area, you must take care of them immediately." She elaborated.

"So it's like dealing with weeds." I said trying to make sense of it. Kylie chuckled.

"I suppose you could look at it that way." She said. I then tensed as I moved my injured shoulder a little. I forgot that it was injured.

Kylie saw my reaction and placed her hand on the injured shoulder. Instantly, the pain subsided and a warm and blissful sensation replaced it. "Thank you Kylie." I said quietly.

Kylie leaned in and pecked my nose. "Anything for you Jason." She whispered, before leaning in for my lips.

A pained groan halted her actions and she opened her eyes. That painful groan was coming from Clary's direction. I looked to see that Chase was regaining consciousness.

Almost instantly he blushed when he realized that he was in Clary's arms. "Umm......hi." he said, shy as ever.

"How are you feeling?" Clary asked worriedly.

"Like I ran into a giant boulder......again." he replied. Both Clary and Kylie looked in my direction with shocked and confused looks.

"Don't ask." I said.

"Jason? Is that you?" Chase asked, swerving his head around. Once we locked eyes he asked, "Dude, what the hell happened with that giant wolf, and how are we still alive?!"

"Chase, there's some things I need to discuss with you." Clary said, helping her mate up and leading him away from Kylie and me.

"You think he's going to freak out about what he's about to hear?" Kylie asked.

"Without question." I said with a smirk. Kylie laughed in response.

"Well alright then." She said. We sat there in silence for a moment until another thought came to my mind.

"Wait a minute, I gotta inform my parents that-" I started by Kylie cut me off.

"Already taken care of." She said. "In the meantime......." She trailed off, wearing a seductive smile on her face.  "I think I know what we can do now that we're alone together."

I instantly caught on to what she was implying. "I'm open to anything." I said, smirking as her lips were pressed onto mine.