04 ~ Yuwin & Luwoo

Ship: Yuwin (Yuta x Winwin)

    Luwoo (Lucas x Jungwoo)

    Bromance Jungwin (Jungwoo x Winwin)

Group: NCT

Plot: When promotions for WayV take a turn, Winwin and Jungwoo become the only company the other has while they wait patiently for their boyfriends' return.

Requested by: _CrossGeneFlower_ (Thanks so much for supporting the book and for your request! The most specific request I've ever gotten lol. P.S. Hello fellow CandY xoxo)

Tagged: Bromance + fluff

~~~

Jaehyun came into the living room where Yuta, Jungwoo, and Mark sat quietly watching whatever cheesy drama was on the screen. Jungwoo looked up at Jaehyun's worried face.

"What's wrong, Hyung?" Jungwoo asked cautiously in his trademark soft voice.

Jaehyun averted his eyes from the quiet boy and looked into Yuta's instead. He hummed a finalizing affirmation into the phone that he had against his ear before quickly muttering "Okay, bye Ten-hyung."

"Jaehyun?" Yuta said, finally speaking.

"Yuta-hyung, Winwin got hurt... He uh- He landed badly during practice and the doctor says it's a hairline fracture." He said quietly, never leaving Yuta's eyes.

"Is... Well is he going to be okay? Is he going to be able to perform?"

Jaehyun looked at the ground.

"Oh no, you can't tell me you're serious. He's going to be devastated. He counts down the days until he gets to go on stage, Jaehyun.."

"I know, hyung. But even if the injury is minor the doctor says we can't risk it."

"But he's in China, what is he going to do? How is he going to rest in a cramped hotel room?"

"...He's coming back"

Yuta's eyes went wide. "He's coming back? Like now? I'll get to see him?"

"That's the thing that I was worried about hyung.." Jaehyun says, reinitiating his staring contest with the carpet.

Jaehyun took a deep breath and continued, still looking at the ground. "Ten-hyung says that his singing parts won't be a problem, they can get someone else to do them instead.. However, he says that he wants WayV to hold the look of being a solid piece, and if there's a missing spot in their formations, it'll be off. So he needs someone who is a good dancer to join them in his place..." Jaehyun stopped, looking at Yuta in hopes that the older boy would get the hint and he wouldn't have to be the bearer of bad news.

"...And he wants me..." Yuta finished glumly.

Jaehyun nodded.

"Will I at least get to see him before I go?" He asked, voice hopeless, as if he already knew the answer.

Jaehyun shook his head. "Both of your flights leave around the same time tomorrow. So unless you get lucky enough for your planes to pass each other and somehow beat common physics and get a glimpse of him through the window of the other plane, I'm afraid not."

Yuta groaned and put his hands in his face. "My boyfriend gets hurt and finally comes back to Korea and I don't even get to at least wish him well... Isn't that just my luck."

Mark looked between the three awkwardly, "Oh uh, look at that, Hyuckie's calling me, they must need something at the Dream dorm." he scrambled, pretending to look at his phone.