06 ~ Chensung

Ship: Chensung (Chenle x Jisung)      {Side nomin}

Group: NCT

A/U: Avatar the Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra

Plot: Chenle finds out he is the avatar on his 16th birthday, immediately getting shipped off to air-temple island to train with Avatar Aang's granddaughter Jinora. However, having been cooped up in a small earth kingdom farming town his whole life, Chenle had dreams of seeing big cities, people, diversity. And with Republic City just a quick swim away, How could he resist? I mean, Avatar Korra met her team avatar in that city, who says Chenle can't do the same?

Tagged: honestly I don't even know it's a rollERCOASTER

Warnings: anxiety, panic attacks

It's really long sorry not sorry

~~~

Chenle curled his knees into his chest as he sat on the floor of the patio, the night sky looking down at him. He had been at the airtemple for a little over 3 months. He hated it. Don't misunderstand, he loves Jinora, Kai and all of their children. He just can't stand all this 'be the leaf' and 'release your inner airbender'.

Airbending isn't the hardest thing, but he can't help but feel confined, this island only has so much to see.

He huffed and tried to listen to the cars from across the strip of sea, obviously to no avail. He saw a puff of red light from an alley followed by a puff of brown dust. Suddenly a string of water from the strait sprung up and flew to the alleyway. Chenle sat up, his curiosity peaked.

He peered down at the water that flowed below him, he has never been very good at waterbending, but the urge to dive in and finally go to Republic City was overbearing. He could learn so much there! Every type of bender rubbing shoulders in one city, it's his element!

The clouds of colors from the alleyway continued, and he couldn't wait any longer. He took a shivering breath, looking around to make sure he had no witnesses, and jumped in.

Holy shit that's cold, okay now swim.

Under the water was pitch black, not to mention freezing. Chenle used all his waterbending knowledge and tried to propel himself, but unshockingly it wasn't doing much. He started to panic. He swam to the surface and coughed. He thought about just turning around and heading back to the temple, but the cliff he had jumped from was too high up and the dock was on the other side of the island, so I guess Republic City it is.

He began swimming with all his might, quickly realizing how little waterbending he knew. He tried to use airbending instead but that was also above his skill level. Luckily all those years of lifting large rocks has made him strong, even with his body type and stature.

Not-so-luckily, just as he was getting to the edge of republic city, his strength began to diminish as the cold sank into his muscles. His body began to contract, desperate for heat. He gasped as his legs gave up on him and he had to flail his arms aggressively in order to stay afloat, his mouth filling with water, making him choke on the salty taste.

As he sank deeper he realized this was the end. He was going to be the first avatar to die at the ripe age of 16 with very little knowledge of waterbending and airbending and having never even tasted firebending. He was going to die a simple earth bender. Isn't that a legacy.

Then he shot from the water, the water lifted him and plopped him onto the hard pavement of the city.

"What the hell were you doing!" A young boy shouted at him while standing over him.