Ch. 001 Tamed wildfire.

(July 12th, 2016.)  Light slanted down from a barred window, illuminating a single figuire chained to a chair inside. Her hair was long and matted, and blood ran from her left nostril. Her eyes darted to the left and right, and every time she heard a noise she snarled at it, baring her teeth like some strange animal.  She had tearstains all over her face and bruises fracturing her once beautiful complexion. You would expect her hair to be white at this stage in life, after all the stress of being imprisoned all her life but, no, it was a dark brown, almost black. 

      The glass seperating her from a group of people observing her in another room began to hiss as she focused on it. Then, blood spurted from her nose and she closed her eyes in defeat, tears starting to fall. Behind the glass, a man wearing green tinted glassses commented, "Incredible. Simply incredible."  Another asked. "Excuse me, what is?" The man turned slowly on his heel towards him. "She's a pyrokinetic. Do you not see?" He replied, slowly, "I don't see anything special about her. Pyrokinesis can be learned by anyone." The man raised his voice. "You're missing the point!! She could very well be the answer to defeating our one enemy who's managed to evade us. 

             And..to clarify, pyrokinesis isn't her only ability. Through the years, through various experiments conducted by our scientists here, she can now disrupt electrical fields if at her full brain activity level, levitate objects using her heat-vision, and seen here she can melt glass just by staring at it." He turned away from the window completely, focusing on the group.   

            Another man, wearing a white lab coat and carrying a clipboard walked up to him, and whispered, "Sir, there's been a slight..complication." He whispered, "And? What is it?" The white-clothed man glanced back down at his clipboard. "We've found another one, just yesterday. A very rare kind, he is." "Well, spit it out!!" He replied, even softer, "A Chronokinetic." The man with the glasses gasped. "Impossible. I thought you determined that someone being born with those abilities would never be born. The white-clothed man whimpered, "I'm sorry, sir, but this boy was born after I completed my tests. Maybe the universe saw fit to bless her, Mr Hemlock." 

         Mr Hemlock ran his hand through his hair, and started to pace. "Ah, gentlemen, I may, I must ask you to leave. I will be transporting you today- as we are going to be ah, renovating overnight." They started to whisper. "Please, gentlement, please leave." When everyone filed out, and the doors had closed he sat down at his desk, and pressed the intercom button. "Hello, Maria. You've gotten stronger." He listened for a moment. Her head was lowered. He replayed it. He chuckled. "I see you don't wish to talk. That would make sense." Her head shot up, and her teeth were bared. Her blue eyes started to glow. He asked, "What're you gonna do, little girl? Blow a fireball? You know what'll happen if you do that" She hesistated only once, then started to pant, the light starting to flicker. He laughed. "Good...good."

        The man in the lab coat came back in the room, still observing her. "Everything all right, sir?" "Yes, Walace, everything's just fine." "Here, I brought you some water." Mr Hemlock, otherwise known as Mr John Hemlock took a sip. "Thank you. Now to business." He shut off the lights of her enclosure, and remotely unlocked her chains. They heard her feet drag away as she took slow, agonizing steps away from the chair. Walace glanced at his hand held scanner. He asked, "Sir, are you sure your alright? Your adreniline levels are incredibly high for someone who's just fine." 

 John chuckled. "You see right through me." "Well, yes I do, sir. I have a scanner held in my hand." John shook his head. "That's not what I meant. I meant like...you know how I feel." Walace grinned. "Oh, yes sir. I understand now." John chuckled again. "Hehehe. Well, Walace, I think I have an idea. We'll perform some more tests on her tommorow, to discover the limits of her gift." "Yes sir. Already on it." He walked away, scanner beeping as his fingers hit the buttons. Once Walace had left, he turned to the window, and spoke mindlessly, "Computer, activate scanners. Scan for heat signatures greater than 37 degree's celsius." It took a green scan of the whole room. It showed the girl, apparently asleep in her bed, normal body temperature. 

         And all around her, little globes of purple and green lights bounced over her bed. She was dreaming. He opened a drawer in his desk and rummaged around. He took out a notebook labelled "Pyrokinetic girl- Elena Onyilogwu." He wrote down, at the bottom of the page, "Can perform Illuminata's with ease." Sweat beaded his forehead as he watched the little globes take various shaped, fully present.  Why was he so scared? Well, if she could produce and manipulate this much fire when she was unconscious, imagine how much fire she could manipulate when awake. The result? Combustion of the entire building or possibly, the world. He left the room in a hurry. And, in the midst of the room, two globes of fire took shape. One of a knife, the other of Mr John Hemlock. They connected, red fire splashing in waves from the fake body. 

                                                            (we're just getting started.) :D