Ch. 002 Imperative siphoning.

His dark brown hair was swept to the side, covering his hairline. His hood obscured his blue and brown mismatched eyes underneath, and a long scar. He wore black jeans, with an Ipod casually hanging out of a back pocket. Black eyeshadow was rubbed on both eyelids, causing him to have a look that suggested one of tiredness, but he was in fact, very alert. His ears, small and tuned, moved every so slightly as he flicked through a song. Sitting on a bus stop bench he sang softly along to it, "I...I....'m....hooked on a....feeling, and i'm......hii....gh on believin' that your in lo....ve with meeeeeee! Lips as sweet as candy, the taste is on my mind, girls you got me thirstin' for another cup of wiiine." 

               He hummed out the rest, stood up, glanced at his watch to check the time, black-gold against his stark white skin. 

         He nodded to himself, sat back down, and crossed his legs. He breathed in the evening air, his breath coming out in puffs of steam.  "Woooooo," it went out his mouth, floating off into the purple-shaded light. A car pulled up. He raised his head, glaring at the driver. The window was rolled down. A girl's head appeared, pale-faced and white-haired, but it was a man's voice that said, "Hey, sonny. Looks like you could use a lift."

               He responded, still seated, "I already got one, thanks." The car didn't leave. He sighed, turned off his Ipod and took the buds out of his ears. The car door opened. His heart started to pound. Who were these people? He started to walk away. Then, something happened, something he couldn't explain. He heard a voice in his head. 

        "Please, run while you can! He wants to take us to the laboratory!" He thought back fiercely, "What laboratory? Why?" He heard it again. "Just run!!" He shook his head, turning on his head, seeing the car catch up to him, till the front doors were directly across from him. He stated, firmly, "I am not scared of you. I have the power of all Time in my veins. I can easily fix you up a real nice black eye if I so pleased."  The man stuck his head out the window, his eyes turning purple. "Then I guess we're...outmatched...aren't we?" He turned to the white-haired girl. He hissed, "Do it! Use your gift!" She shook her head, as if being controlled by something. but resisting. 

        He rolled his eyes, the pupils, now white and quite unnerving, and opening the door, stood and faced him. He wore a black suit, and had dark skin, and a goatee. He gritted his teeth. "All right, I'll use mine if you won't."  He stood up, and the boy had to gasp. This man was at least 6-7' tall! He looked like an alien as he glared down at him. His eyes started to glow again, with a fiercer, darker blue light than before. Then, some instinct coughed up in the boy. Maybe budding precognitive abilities, or something perhaps a little more powerful.  

               His eyes, too, started to glow, a light green. His hands curled into fists. Then the tips of his fingers ignited into green light, drawing something from the air in little threads. The boy sighed in relief, as if experiencing rejuvination. The man shrank back, his form shrinking. "How....what?...." The boy hadn't gained hight but something about him seemed different.   "That was, I assure you, the simplest, most uncomplicated form of my ability. I call it a Wabam. Now get going in your stupid (kick) car or I'll be forced to destroy you. Go on, get out of here!"

             The man whimpered, blood spurting from his nose, "Who are you? Why did you do that? Or...how did you do it?" The boy was disinterested, but replied, "I can manipulate time. What I just did was a dosage of my brain activity. As you can tell, it nearly destroyed you." The man gasped. "Your telepathic?" He nodded. "Yes, but not like her." His neck twitched. "Who?" "The girl who was....here." He turned around, surveying the car. But she was gone. He ground his teeth in frusteration. 

               -mark wayton.

         Who had been that white-haired girl, and how had she escaped?