Ch. 005 The greatest power. (no copy. infr. int.)

"Can't buy me love, love
Can't buy me loveI'll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright
I'll get you anything my friend if it makes you feel alright
Cos I don't care too much for money, and money can't buy me loveI'll give you all I got to give if you say you'll love me too
I may not have a lot to give but what I got I'll give to you
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me loveCan't buy me love, everybody tells me so
Can't buy me love, no no no, no 

Say you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied
Tell me that you want the kind of thing that money just can't buy
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love
OwwwCan't buy me love, everybody tells me so
Can't buy me love, no no no, noSay you don't need no diamond ring and I'll be satisfied
Tell me that you want the kind of thing that money just can't buy
I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me loveCan't buy me love, love
Can't buy me love" 

                The record slowed to a halt, then reversed itself,  started spinning so fast it became unintellectual. It spun to the point where the disk actually rose up in the air. Then it did something truly strange. It shattered, and fell into a million pieces of dust, covering the carpet. The man responsible for this sipped his beer and continued watching his tv even as he started to levitate. His eyes were a light brown, so light that it was a light amber.  A commercial appeared, and the man simply moved his eyes to the left. The screen went black, and began to sizzle. Time slowed.  He raised his eyelids higher, and the channel came back on. The commercial had passed, but time had not. The air smelled of sulfur.

            The disk reformed, drawing back together and replacing itself onto the player, beginning to play again, every piece intact.     He refocused his eyes on the screen as if nothing had happened. But even as the smell faded you saw in his eyes, you knew that he knew what had happened, everything and all that had occured.  What had occured. For he was the greatest of them all, and the most scared. He could sense all that occured within the world.  All the trees growing in the darkness. All the fires that had yet to spark. All the ice in the shifting lakes. His power was indeed great, to an extent where he had become omnipresent.  He could see everything. And yet he was still in the physical realm, so he would know if you walked in. 

And nothing and noone dared disturb him, as he sat there, watching his television in the grey afternoon light that came through the curtains, with the beer in his hand. 

---John H. Elway.