Ch. 010 The stolen waffles.

"Hey, Elena! Listen you me! You're going to be fine. Just fine!" He grabbed a hold of her shoulders and shook her gently, for she was ultimately panicking. "Wha-what was that thing?! Is it gonna get us?" He shook his head and smirked. "No. It's gone...for now." She staggered up. "Where are we now? Is this another phase of your teleportation,     ?" "No. Not right now. I sense you've physically had enough." She smiled. "You always know what to say." "Of course I do. I'm your brother. We share a psychic connection, remember? So...I can tell that you've had enough." She nodded. "Listen, whatever's been bothering you...I feel the worst. I really do." 

       He sighed. "Well, in answer to your question, we are in Brookland, Washington." She gasped. "Ah! So that's what all the fresh air is about." He nodded. "Yup. And, I've stolen some waffles. Would you like some?" She raised an eyebrow. "What? Now you're a thief? I thought we talked about this." He rubbed the back of his head. "Yea, I know, but in view of the event I thought it necesary." She laughed. "Really? Like the time with the hose and Mother's panty hose." He chuckled, "Ha-ha-ha!! Now you're talking! You remember?" She smiled. "Yes. I remember." 

       She started to snort. "And-and-her pants (snort) blew up because so much water was inside." He laughed harder. "Yes! She was so mad at us, though." They both smiled, and at that moment a shower of red-orange sparks sprang from her palm and a blade of grass caught on fire. She stamped it out. "Whoops." He said, "that's ok. You're still learning to control your powers." She sighed. "I wish I could be like you. You're always so in control...and you're power's seem so much more than my wimpy sparks."

          His mouth opened in astonishment, and he admonished her, saying, "You are jealous? Really? Of...me? But why? I would climb a mountain or dive to the depths of the ocean just to make a spark by snapping my fingers! Along with manipulating temperatures, levitating objects with heat waves, and creating fireballs hotter than the sun and beyond normal composition? Well, haha, compared to me you have it all." 

     Now it was her turn to be astonished. She pointed at him. "But-but you can manipulate time! And see the future." He tilted his head. "Nah. I can't see the future. I have only been able to create time warps to be able to teleport and induce sleep through hypnosis, and gather strength from infinity, much like the Phoienix." She rolled her eyes. "Really. And you're still jealous of me?" He nodded. "Sure. You're a rare one. An elemental. I recongized it when you were still young." She smirked. "Well, that's a relief. My brother approves of me!!" 

       He let out a grin. "Yes, I do. Now how about we eat some waffles, then find some shelter so we don't get rained/stormed on. I sense a storm coming."