Ch. 003 A subtle change in title.

The boy headed home, walking past the trees and the bushes, always glancing up at the houses. He could literaly manipulate time so it wasn't too big of a deal for him to get home quickly. The only reason he wanted to take the bus was for safety reasons. Their were people in this part of town that would love to get their dirty little fingers all over him, and therefore his ability. He walked up to his front door and rang the bell. "I'm home!" The door latches unlatched themselves and it swung open. He entered, and asked, "Mom? Patricia?" A voice answered, "In here! Quickly!! Or the Indians will get you." He rolled his eyes and chuckled. Patricia...of course.                     

         "Whaaaaaaaat? Are we playing hide and seek again? I thought you said you were too old for that." She replied, "No. Not anymore." He laughed. "Okay, then. Where are you?!" She replied, "Check the pantry." He did, and she jumped out at him, wrapping him in a hug. He held her up, balancing her on his hip. He asked, "How's your leg doin'? Any more pain?" She shook her head. Then he noticed her nose. 

               It was bleeding, but the color wasn't red. It was purple. Still balancing her, he yelled, "Mom?! Somethings wrong!!" He heard footsteps and she entered the kitchen, and coming close to him. She began to examine her. "Here, give her to me." "Mommy? What's wrong." "Nothing, honey, just...your blood isn't the right color." Her mother asked the boy, "Do you have your phone on you?" He nodded. "Here." 

         She dialled 9-1-1. An operator picked up. "Yes, hello, whats your emergency?" "Hello. My daughter has a bloody nose, but her blood...it's purple! Please tell me what to do." The operator replied, "Understood, ma'am. We're sending an ambulance. It should be there in about 2 minutes. Alright?" She replied, slightly panicked, "Right. What should I do in the meantime?" The opereator said, "Stay calm, and try to stop the blood flow. Your child will be fine as long as you do what I say."  She picked up a napkin and held it to her nose. 

          She lowered her head. "Ok. Then tell me what I should do!! This isn't normal!! Normal blood is red! What has happened to her? I need to know!" The operater said, "Ma'm. I acknowledge how serious this could be. But for your safety as well as hers, stay calm." The operator kept speaking, but her voice seemed faint. The mother gasped, as if suffering from lack of oxygen. She staggered. "Mom? Mom? What's wrong?!" But she couldn't say anything. 

         There. He heard it again. That voice. "Get out! Leave! He's trying to kill you!" He knew what was wrong, and he knew where. A reached down, and pulled out a long, thin syringe from his mother's neck, a little bit of green juice still inside. She fell to the floor, blood pouring unnaturally from the little puncture mark until her body was still and pale. It had happened too soon. He didn't realize what just happened, only that the voice urged him on. "Go! Leave! Save yourself and the girl before it is too late!"

                 He made a decision. He picked up Patricia and whispered in her ear, "We're going on a field trip, little sis."  Then, from within his heart came a green fire, and an aura awoke around him, and time moved slow, granting him invisibility and the power to fool your very mind. 

          When the aura faded and the blood had pooled, all that was left was dust and cameramen, surveying the scene of the gone mother with the fingerprints of the son, who was the only suspect to be found. But the real culprit was hidden far away.