Day 2

"Yeah no pressure here. I only have eight more days left to fix him before he dies. How's that for a fun time Mom?" Marie sat herself down on the table and pushed some food around on her plate.

"If anyone can get through to him you can." Her mother attempted reassuring her, but it all went to waste.

"What do you think this is mom a god damn Disney movie?"

"Just try. Besides, you haven't had any complaints from situations you've had to deal with in your personal life about your therapy skills."

"Yeah true. Gotta give it a shot anyways. It'll be hard when I leave though. If I even end up remembering this."

Marie found it hard to keep her mouth shut about what the true reason she was in Australia. She knew Eva would be keeping an eye on them, she could appear out of nowhere.

"So how long you in Australia for?" Bon asked her. He was fighting the urge to hold her hand, and she could pick up on that, giving why she held her hands to herself.

"February 19th at midnight." She cursed herself due to how specific that sounded, but she was already lying to him, she wouldn't want more lies to stem from the situation.

"Oddly specific but okay."

"Yeah...I'm like that. Can't have anything to vague in life now can you?"

"No I suppose not. But cmon we're wasting time! I'm only here for eight more days, we better do something fun!"

"Before we do whatever...will you ever come back here?"

Marie thought to herself for a moment. "Maybe. But probably not. I got University. This trip is a...gift from my parents for my birthday. It's my reading week. Not that I really do much reading anyways, but it's still appreciated."

"Yeah I don't blame you. I like excitement y'know? I like living on the edge. Every night in fact."

Marie's voice had softened. "Why?

"It's fun. It's worth it for the high."

"Yeah well you still gotta deal with the crash."

"Yeah. I deal with a head ache and waking up in a random place with no memory of the life before every morning. It ain't pleasant trust me."

"Yeah I'll just take your word for it. Ain't gettin involved in shit like that anytime soon. Ice cream sundaes do the trick for me."

"Good. I'd hate to see that happen to you. You're so sweet and innocent."

Marie scoffed. "Yeah sure."

"Hey why don't you come to my show tonight?"

"Oh...um yeah sure I'd like that. I've had a bit of a weird few days."

"This'll take your mind off of it."

"I never said they were bad. Just not what I'd call average. But not on the level the day my friend got arrested for breaking a neighbours window at a party we were at when she was drunk. That was bad."

"She sounds charming."

"Don't get any ideas she's engaged."

"I was being sarcastic I'm not gonna hook up with your friend."

"Good cause she'd shoot you down even if she was single."

Bon laughed. "What is she crazy?"

Marie thought to herself for a moment. "Yeah I'd say so."

Marie looked down at her watch. "Shit sorry Bon I've got a...meeting to go to I'll see you tonight."

Bon watched the girl as she ran off.