Day 4

Marie spun her spoon in circles inside her bowl of cereal. The clock was ticking now, she only had five days left here, and he progress with Bon was coming along slowly but surely.

She was feeling rather confident today, Bon had invited her to another show he was playing. Which she was happy about beyond the obvious.

Eva had requested to meet with her earlier that day then usual. She appeared with an expression that was rather more serious then Marie had gotten used to in her previous meetings.

"I mean it this time Marie. Be careful. I am rather pleased with the progress you have made thus far, but you know what these men are going to want from you. Bon, and Angus..."

Marie stopped her at that sentence. "Angus and I are just friends. And that is all I want from him. I mean, with Bon its a little different." Marie had realized she had overshared.

"Be extra careful tonight then. It's not only Bon who has his eye on you. It's Angus too."

"How do you know that? Oh right. Powers."

"Well that and this love letter that I found. Looks like it might have been just a rough draft though. Looks like he drew a few lines through several words and replaced them with others. look." Marie was handed a piece of paper, and as soon as her eyes had caught sight of the words written, she knew she would have known for sure it was from Angus.

Marie looked up at Eva. "He doesn't know about that night at the party. Does he?"

"Negative."

"Geez now I feel like shit. It's like I'm in high school all over again."

"Well you're in college. Not like people have matured yet."

"Guess you've got a point. Guess you're never done dealing with the crazy school boys."

"You don't want any more breakfast? You only ate a bowl of cereal. You used to never get enough of anything we gave ya." Marie looked up at her concerned mother. She used the traditional excuse for not wanting to eat. "I'm not hungry."

"Did you get yourself a pretzel at the cafè?"

"No. Wasn't hungry."

  "You seem down. Eva say something? Did something happen with Bon?"

Marie's father took this change to hijack the conversation. "I swear to god if he hurt you..he did didn't he?!"

"No need to fire metaphorical guns dad. This has pretty much nothing to do with him."

"Pretty much?" The conversation was now back to just Marie and her mother.

"Look at this note. It's from the schoolboy." Marie handed the paper over.

"Geez not much has changed since school days for you has it?"

"Wow. So funny mom. So funny I forgot to laugh. Yeah but I was thinking the same thing."

"Shit! Malcolm where are you?" Angus searched frantically around his own home for his brother, he had high hopes he hadn't left yet.

"What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost." Malcolm said, clearly unamused.

"Where's the note?"

"The note? Oh yeah. Wait you lost it?"

"No...okay yes! Jesus!"

"Too late now. We'll just rewrite it tomorrow night or somethin'. We gotta leave."

"Fine."

Marie contemplated whether or not to revel to Angus that she'd seen the note, since it'd make her look bad because nobody can know about Eva.

She'd figured she'd try her best to avoid Eva when discussing the subject.

"Angus I gotta talk to you. You got time before the show starts?" Marie asked. Angus looked over to Malcolm who nodded and watched the two walk off to a different area.

"We gotta clear one thing up." Marie wasn't quite sure how she would continue this discussion.

Angus laughed a little, but rather nervously. "I'm in trouble already aren't I?"

"I saw the note. The love note."

"How the hell did you..."

"Uh...I just found it and picked it up..."

"Great. This isn't embarrassing at all."

"Don't worry about it. But we're just...friends."

Angus looked disappointed. "Oh. I see."

"You're not upset are you?"

"No no. Of course not."

Marie kissed his cheek. "See you after the show. Gotta go talk to Bon before it starts."

Before Angus had a chance to respond, the girl was running off. There was still a considerable amount of free time left before the show had started, Malcolm had taken this opportunity to talk with his brother.

"Saw you guys talkin. How'd it go?" Malcolm immediately regretted asking what he did when he saw Angus' facial expression.

"Shot down."

"That's shitty."

"I guess I should've seen it coming. She's pretty hooked on Bon. I mean, the two are hardly apart."

"Yeah well I'm here if ya wanna talk mate. But for now what you need is a distraction. Playing your guitar will make you feel better I'm sure."

"Uhhh...good luck Bon." Marie hadn't realized right away how close the two had become, physically that is, right before he was to go onstage.

"Thanks. I'm sure I'll need it." Bon gave her a quick kiss on the lips before he made his way on.

The concert made her work easy, but once Bon had his mind set on hitting the parties she had to remember that there was a reason she was here. It was to keep him away from that.

Of course, Bon ended up going to the party anyways, so did the rest of them. Malcolm, Phil, Angus and Cliff had gone off in different directions chatting up some of the ladies that were present there. Bon had stayed with Marie.

"Do you drink? If you do I can buy you one."

"No I don't trust myself. Probably end up river dancing on the bar."

"You'd be the life of the party though."

"Not in a good way. There is such thing as negative attention. I've had my fair share of that over the years."

"You and me both. But hey I've done embarrassing stuff sober. Like went on stage dressed as a school girl."

"Yeah I remember that...you've got guts for doing that. Heh."

"Geez I need a drink."

"No that's not what you need. There's so much better things to do then drink the devils juice."

"Devils juice?"

"That's what my cousin calls it."

"Okay then what's better then that?"

"How about this?" Marie asked and pulled Bon in for a kiss. They stayed like that for awhile, until they pulled their lips apart for air.

Soon enough their lips connected again, more passion and electricity was made this time. She knew she shouldn't be doing this, Eva would know all about it. And Eva would be even angrier if the kissing turned into something else.

Which it did.