Day 9

The next morning wasn't easy. Marie had hardly gotten any sleep the previous night, and despite it being 10:00 in the morning she still didn't feel well rested. She'd be gone today, her mission would finally be over. She'd finally lived out her dream. Bon agreed to go to rehab to quit drinking and drugs. This relived Marie, knowing he didn't need her anymore.

Marie sat up in tears as she waited for Bon to wake up. She had named the puppy after him, she figured she'd always need something to rememeber him by when she went back to modern times. Little Bonny (the puppy) nuzzled up to Marie's chest.

"You're safe with me." She whispered in his little ear. She looked over to Bon. "And you are too."

Bon had awoken many moments later. "Hey." He said plainly and with a frown. "I wanted to thank you."

"For what Bon?"

"You fixed me."

Marie gave him a kiss. "Oh but i didn't. That was all you who--"

Marie's sentance was intrupeted by a hole forming into the floor of the house, filling with green and blue lasers. The blue lazers spun in a circle and created a women.

Eva.

Here to send her home.

Her father, immediately ran out of the room he was staying in with his wife. Marie was suprised he wasn't carrying an automatic weapon.

"Mom. Dad." Marie uttered as she squeezed Bon's hand tighter.

They both looked at her.

"It's time." She looked at Bon, who was frowning with tears in his eyes. "Baby, you don't need me anymore."

Bon challenged her statement. "But I do! You don't get it. Well you do. If you wern't here I woulda been six feet underground!"

Eva was cold. "Say your goodbyes now."

"I don't know if I can go." Marie said through her tears. "What if this is home now?"

"Marie." Bon said sternly. "Go. You go live your dreams. Besides, you can take little Bonny with you."

"I wanted to raise him with you."

Marie could feel herself fade away, the portal was starting to take her in. "No! I wanna stay!"

The portal closed in on her legs. "Please Eva!"

Eva sighed. "I'd have to drag you out. It would hurt."

When Marie didn't say anything, only struggling with the portal, she reached for her hand and grabbed her and started to pull her.

Everyone pitched in, trying to make sure she didn't get her foot ripped off.

But she disappeared into the floor.