Happy Ending

(So... this was going to be an April Fools chapter, but the twist at the end made it kind of sad. So, I've decided to publish it as a short and sweet part of the main story so I can at least say I've uploaded twice in the same month while I think of something else to do for April Fools. Enjoy.)

A truly despicable despair had gotten its hands on you. And Nagito didn't like that one bit.

"Nagito! You're back!" Chiaki said as she ran up to to the white haired boy. He looked around the room and spotted everyone but the person he wanted to see.

"Where's (Name)? Is she okay?" Nagito asked.

"That's the problem. (Name) is in danger." Chiaki said. Nagito's eyes widened.

"What happened!?" Nagito demanded. Chiaki sighed and dejectedly looked down at the floor.

"(NAME) GOT SNATCHED BY THE LITERAL TRUE EMBODIMENT OF DESPAIR! AND TO MAKE EVERYTHING WORSE, THERE'S A BOSS BATTLE IN THE WAY OF GETTING HER BACK!" Ibuki yelled before foaming at the mouth.

"We all tried to get through and failed... even Nekomaru and I couldn't stand a chance..." Akane said. Nagito looked around at everyone and the looks of sadness and despair on their faces. Couldn't they see they were letting your captor win!?

"...I guess it's my turn, then. Where are they?" Nagito asked.

Meanwhile, you struggled in your restraints as your kidnapper laughed in your face. She would've continued to gloat if it wasn't for the sound of footsteps. She dramatically gasped upon seeing who was approaching.

"Oh, look, (Name)! Your prince is here! I'm surprised he didn't fall through the trap door like literally everyone else." She said before bursting into laughter once again.

"...Let her go. Now." Nagito said.

"Hmmmm? Why should I? Wouldn't it just be wonderful to see her fall into despair?" Asked the girl. Nagito stopped to think. Would he want to see that? You fall into despair and make way for you to blossom with an even more powerful hope in the future? Obviously the latter part was lost to this pathetic excuse of a human that stood before him, but still. One would assume that the absolute last thing Nagito wanted to see was you being sad or in pain. He loved you... but... at the same time...

"If it has anything to do with you, there's no way it could be good." Nagito said.

"Wooooooow, you're no fun. But your opinion doesn't matter anyways! After all, why should anyone care about what some stupid and ugly piece of trash has to-" The girl was cut off by Nagito shooting her in the head.

"I may be trash, that's very true. But you, or anyone who tries to hurt (Name) or take her away from me, manages to be a kind of scum that's even below me." Nagito said to the corpse. He looked at you and saw that you were about to start crying. He quickly ran up to you and undid your restraints.

"It's okay, it's okay. Everything is going to be-(N-Name)!?" Nagito was cut off by you pulling him into a rather tight hug. His face turned a dark shade of red as he stroked your hair to comfort you while you cried. When you finally calmed down, you looked up at him with red and puffy eyes.

"T-thanks for saving me, Nagito..." You said.

"Ahaha... anything for you, (Name)... it's the best someone like me can do..." Nagito said.

"Hey... um... Nagito? Can I tell you something?" You asked.

"What is it?" Nagito asked. You blushed and took a deep breath.

"...I love you." You said. Nagito looked at you in shock for a few moments before he smiled at you.

"I love you too." Nagito said. He leaned in to kiss you, and then...

...he woke up.

Nagito's eyes snapped open and he took in his surroundings. Nowhere. He was stuck in the middle of nowhere. And the person calling themselves the Ultimate Despair was still doing who knows what to you. He sighed as he looked up at the night sky.

"Be safe, (Name)..."