Ultimate Despair

((Surprise, motherfuckers. Fair warning, a bitch gets shanked, but that's all I'll say because any further detail is a spoiler.))

The sound of laughter and crying mixed together echoed throughout the room as the members of Class 77-B stared at the image before them. It was so despairful... So, so despairful... It felt wonderful.

Junko chuckled, pleased with her work. Oh, the sight of each of her upperclassmen in pure despair just like... Wait. She leaned towards one of the screens to get a closer look at the class and realized just what was bugging her. There was a student missing. Well, technically two, but the absence of the class rep was to be expected. She took a moment to think and remember which one of them was missing, before a sad expression adorned her face.

"Damn... I put on this huge show only to realize I missed one... This sucks balls..." Junko said to herself, tears coming to her eyes as though she didn't feel absolute joy at such a thing. However, as she looked at the class again, one would've sworn they would see a lightbulb appear above her head and turn on if they were in the room with her at that moment.

"Welp! Time for the second act!" Junko said as she winked at the camera.

Meanwhile, the doll you had made of Chiaki had fallen onto the floor, causing you to sigh and pick it up. You took a moment to stare at the doll. Should you really be doing this? Sure, you had been told that Junko had been dealt with, but something felt... off. You shook your head and returned to your work. You were probably just paranoid.

"(Name)!"

You gasped in shock and turned around. Ms. Yukizome was smiling at you as she stood in the doorway.

"Ms. Yukizome!" You stood up, the dolls taking a backseat to the fact that your teacher was in fact okay. To your shock, however, she walked over and hugged you.

"I'm so glad to see you! When you weren't with the others, I was so worried!" Ms. Yukizome said.

"Hey, um... Ms. Yukizome? C-Can you stop touching me?" You asked as you began to squirm a little. You didn't want to yell at her, since she had literally just been rescued, but you weren't going to act like you were okay with her hugging you.

"Oh, sorry!" Ms. Yukizome said as she let you go. She giggled, which gave you goosebumps. Something about it sounded... fake.

"So, uh, where are the others?" You asked.

"They'll be here soon. Just gotta handle a few more things." Ms. Yukizome replied.

"Okay..." You said as you averted your eyes, as though something inside you was forcing you to look away from her. Ms. Yukizome let out a dreamy sigh.

"I promise you'll love it. Maybe not at first, but once your mind adjusts to it, it'll feel so wonderful." Ms. Yukizome said.

"...Huh?" You asked.

"Oh, I guess I should've been more specific. They're preparing something for you." Ms. Yukizome said.

"What? Me?" You took a few steps back, your eyes looking towards the door.

"Oh, (Name), don't be afraid. We just don't want you to feel left out, that's all." Ms. Yukizome's smile took on a more sinister tone as those words left her mouth.

Something seemed to flip a switch within you, and you ran away. You ran through the halls until you found yourself outside. The rain left you completely soaked in seconds, but you kept running.

"(Name)! Yoohoo!" You saw Ibuki waving towards you. In any other instance, you would've ran towards her. But something about her felt just as wrong as it did with Ms. Yukizome. You ran away from her, not looking back for a second.