Day #2- Remember Me?

"Silence is only golden, when speech is stolen."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNOCK KNOCK.

My eyes darted to the left, towards Ms. Coral's bedroom door.  We both turned towards each other very slowly with narrowed eyes.

"You expecting a visitor?" I asked in a hushed whisper.

She shook her head and gestured towards the bathroom door and I instantly knew what she meant.  Though the room was warm and comfy, the stagnancy of ominosity hang in the air.  I inched towards her bathroom as quietly as I could, my hand gripping the rifle tightly and pulling it out as swift as a mockingbird.  I aimed the rifle at the door and waited, keeping one eye on my client and the other one foot from the door.

"Yes, Prion?" Ms. Coral's voice acting was brilliant, she sounded innocently oblivious.  There was a pregnant pause, and we both held our breaths perfectly.  Her steady, graceful form was ten feet from the door, bent low in between her bed and her desk, head peeking out.  I only saw the raven curls in my point of view, and two icy blue pearls.

"Ms. Coral, you have another visitor." Prion's response came clear through the com connected to the door, but it was odd.  He was not in his regular state of mind, even I noticed the change after meeting him just 10 minutes ago.  It's like seeing a sunflower one minute and a magnolia the next, and if your eyes are closed the two bottles of the same scent are wafted under your nose and you miss everything.

I heard an almost inaudible exhale in relief, making me widen my eyes at Ms. Coral.  She couldn't have missed that obvious change in her close acquaintance... No way.  I wanted to exclaim, call out to her, but I couldn't.  Her figure was already heading towards the door in blind trust, hand reaching out to touch the fingerprint pad and check the com for her 'visitor'.  One push of the button and whoever this 'visitor' was would know she was at the door...

Shit. I thought.  My feet were locked the ground and time seemed to slow, Ms. Coral's hand slowly rising to the neon grid on the wall next to the door.  I kicked my legs and bent my knees so extensively I was able to jump start extremely fast.  My lunge was directed right at Ms. Coral and my arms were outstretched, ready to shove her out the way with the least bit of harm her way.

I grabbed air and my momentum was dragging me downwards.  I tuck-tailed and somersaulted as silently as I could, exhaling a sharp breath as I maneuvered around the other side of Ms. Coral's bed and rearranged the rifle back into my hand, pointed towards the door.  With widened eyes I observed in realization the flickering holographic image of Ms. Coral, turning her head towards me and giving me a sly smile.

I underestimated you...

I was impressed.  I would not have been if I had trusted her enough for her to know her close acquaintance better than I do.  I shouldn't have suspected her of anything else otherwise...

She pressed the neon grid and spoke sweetly into it.  "Prion, may I know the name of my visitor?"

There was a steady pause... I held my breath, finger positioned on the trigger so ready to squeeze and eyes on look out directly at the door.  I couldn't afford a distraction, to look for where Ms. Coral actually was.  I would have to trust her more, that she knew what she was doing.  I realized I didn't know all her capabilities...