Chapter 5

Hello people, enjoy this chapter!

___________________________________

Danny sat on his bed and looked around at his room. "I still can't believe this, I was just adopted by the richest man in Gotham City." Danny said, he found out where he was when he saw a sign saying 'Welcome to Gotham City' on the way to the manor. Danny then stood up from his bed and walked over to his bag that appeared not too long ago. Rummaging through it he found some clothes that he wanted to wear and changed into a short sleeved black shirt with black jeans. Going towards the bathroom door he went inside and looked around, the bathroom was massive, he then walked towards the mirror and looked at himself. This will have to do for now. He thought going back to his room. Danny began taking out his clothes and putting them away when he noticed something at the bottom of his bag, before he could reach in to see what it was a knock came from outside his room. "Hey Danny, Its Dick, Bruce said I needed to show you around the manor." Dick said and Danny walked over to the door opening it.

When Danny opened the door he saw what appeared to be Dick, his new brother, the two of them stared at each other for a moment before Dick broke the silence. "Follow me and I'll show you around, Dinner will be served soon as well." Dick said and Danny nodded walking out of his room and closing the door behind him. "Ok, lets go, your name is Dick right?" Danny asked and Dick nodded. Dick and Danny walked through the manor while Dick named each of the rooms they passed and told Danny where everything is. "And this is the library, that is the kitchen and over there is the living room. In about 10 minutes everyone will be in the dining room, its this room right here." Dick said pointing to a door next to Danny. "Thank you Dick, I'll go back to my room now." Danny said and Dick nodded before walking off to who knows where. "This place is bigger than I thought. I hope I won't get lost in here." Danny said to himself and walked back to his room.

After about 7 minutes of just sitting and doing nothing Danny decided he would go down to the dining room since it was almost time to eat, he didn't feel that hungry due to his ghost half, but he thought that not going to dinner would be suspicious to the others and he didn't want them to find out his secret, so he went anyway. As he walked past the kitchen he noticed someone move inside it. Danny walked into the kitchen and saw Alfred doing what appeared to be making dinner. "Oh hello master Danny, did Dick show you around the manor?" Alfred asked looking up from cutting the salad and Danny nodded. "Yeah, this place is massive, I hope I won't get lost." Danny joked and Alfred laughed. "You will get used to it." He said and continued doing whatever it is he did. Danny walked out of the kitchen and went to the dining room. Bruce and Dick were already there, when Danny walked in both of them looked up at him. "Hello Danny, is everything alright?" Bruce asked. "Yes." Was all Danny said and then he sat down on the opposite side of Dick, Bruce being at the end of the table looked at him. Alfred came into the room not to long after, setting down the food and then sitting next to Dick. "I hope you all will find the food to your liking. I didn't know what you would like Master Danny, so I made some of everything." Alfred said and Danny looked at all the food. "Thank you Alfred." Was all he said, he didn't want to say that he wasn't really hungry, it would hurt his feelings and make everyone suspicious, so he ate in silence, only eating a little bit of everything.

Bruce's POV:

Danny was acting strangely. He didn't eat much and only stared at the food, playing with it instead of eating it. "Is everything alright Danny?" I asked him and he looked up at me. "Um... Yeah, I'm just not that hungry." He said nervously rubbing the back of his neck, I noticed its a habbit he had when he was nervous, and I nodded. "You can go if you want." I said and he nodded, standing up. "Thanks for the food Alfred." Danny said and walked out of the room. Something was clearly wrong. I looked at Dick and he nodded, he saw how strangely Danny acted as well. "I'll talk to him later." Dick said and continued eating.

Danny's POV:

"That was close." Danny said when he entered his room. "I can't let them find out my secret, they won't except me, I'll be alone again." Danny said sitting on the floor in the corner of his room. "No one wants a freak living in their house, I should just go now." Danny said hiding his face in his arms, silent tears falling. He then remembered the thing in his bag, he stood up and walked over to it, he wasn't prepared to see a picture of everyone. Sam, Tucker, Jazz, Maddie, Jack and himself. He began crying again and slid down the wall again, holding the picture tightly against his chest, he missed them so much, but he could never return. Just then a knock came from the door, Danny didn't do anything. "Danny? Can I come in?" Dick asked. Danny was afraid. "Danny?" Dick said once again a little bit more concerned and then he opened the door. "Danny! are you alright?" Dick asked running towards me when he saw me sitting on the floor crying, he noticed I was holding something. "uhm... yeah, I'm fine." Danny said not looking up at him. "Danny, I can clearly see that you are not fine, what's wrong?" Dick asked bending down to Danny's level. Danny did not know what to do or what to say, so he just stood up and ran throwing the picture onto the floor, the glass shatered and he ran to the balcony outside of his room and stood at the edge of it. He wasn't thinking as more tears fell to the ground, he just wanted to get out of there. Dick didn't have enough time to react as Danny jumped of the edge. "Danny!" Dick yelled as he saw Danny fall.

_________________________________

Sort of a cliffhanger there, I enjoyed writing this Chapter. comments and votes are awesome, I love getting them, it makes my day. :)

Date: 23/03/2019
Words: 1135