⊱☯⊰

The Sun was high up in the blue sky filled with big fluffy clouds, a slight breeze cooling down the hotness of the day. Someone would say it's a perfect day, but Jungkook couldn't care less about the weather. He was in the middle of whacking up the improvised enemy of wood, straw and filled the bag with sand. He was slicing through his enemy, mentally and physically preparing for the upcoming duel with Jimin. He heard stories about his mastery and even though he didn't doubt his skill, he still was wise enough to take the warnings into consideration.

Jimin even though smaller and less bulky than him, was still strong and as it seemed fast, but so full of himself, that his way to high ego might or might not play the partial role in the duel. Over the years with Hoseok, Jungkook learned not to judge a book by its covers, because the minstrel himself was a very enigmatic man.

Jungkook whacked the practicing doll one more time before he huffed, brushing the sweats from his brow and reached for the shade of the tree. He sat down, panting, gulping some water and leaning on the tree, closing his eyes.

He thought about his Hyung now, of how did they met and all the adventures these two had on their journey. It wasn't always easy though.

He remembers the time while he was serving Lord Daewo. He was just anointed into knighthood. Deasung and he were the last two that got that honor from their master knight Jinheung before he died. He always praised young Jungkook for his abilities and character, calling him a Golden squire.

-''You are going to be a Golden Knight one day son.'' – Jinheung used to tell him. – ''As for you Daesung, you will break all the ladies hearts.'' – He used to laugh at their shy faces, saying he never saw two squares that blush like girls before.

They were all sad when he died. The old knight was wise and skillful. They learned a lot from him.

Around the same time, two minstrels came to the Lordship's home, Panda and Hope entertaining and loud. They told jokes and sang a song that made Jungkook die from laughter and blush to the tips of his ears. They were an amazing duo. Jungkook and Daesung soon became friends with both of them. Their bright energetic personality sometimes overpowered reserved and quiet knights, but somehow they fit well together. They enjoyed watching the two of them performing. The blond Seungri, better known as Panda, always managed to make them laugh with his jokes and imitations, while redheaded Hoseok or Hope, was a master on his guitar, singing softly and provocatively his songs filled with double meaning, usually alluding on sex and mockery. He could make up the song on the spot and was an exceptionally talented dancer. Both of them were, Daesung admired them very much.

So when Daesung pledged his allegiance with Lord Yang Minsuk, Seungri left with him. Jungkook would never see either of them again.

As for Jungkook he didn't plan to leave anytime soon, but the youngest daughter of Lord Daewo was adamant to marry him or no other, even though she was only fourteen years old. She proved to be a sly little minx who made her advances on Jungkook often, going that far to sneak in the Jungkook's bed at night. Needless to say, Jungkook was petrified, scared of Lord Daewo retribution if he ever found out, but even more of forced marriage, so he decided to leave. Hoseok running from his own problems with women decided to join him, so he had a company.

They proved to be useful to one another, as Jungkook was perfectly capable to keep them safe on their journey, hunting in the woods, preparing the fire and decent dinner whenever they will stop for the night in the forest, while Hoseok's golden tongue and quick fingers earn them a shelter, food and warm bath at every household or inn in their way. The only problem was that they had to leave in the crack of dawn every time, before house awakes, which was the thing that Jungkook disliked beyond everything but was totally used to it by now. The thing was that they usually had to flee from the wrath of angry hosts once they discover that the young minstrel didn't just win the hearts of their wives and daughters with his songs and sweet talk, but actually filled their wombs with his seed during the night as well.