ⅩⅩ

⊱☯⊰

V returned from his journey with a new urgency, discovering there the truth about notorious pirate Mage and his magic. Tae was right to be anxious because of him. He was adamant to get his hands on Hyung. The Count must have known that since he sent V here, on Isla de Sangre, the Blood Island. At first, V was oblivious of why, but as soon as he stepped on the mysterious land, he knew that it had something to do with runes. The runes were powerful and only someone with magical blood could use them. Someone like V.

V knew he and his twin were different, but he didn't know how much until he felt his blood whisper to him, rumbling under the surface of his skin, rushing and vibrating with each step he took into the fog. The fog grew ticker as he walked towards the stone altar. The entire place was eerie, full of the unknown force. The few shadows grew nearer and V saw that they were hooded figures in the long gray robes. They haven't spoken a word, they were just observing him quietly. One of them raised his hand and pointed at the altar, showing him that he should put his hand on the stone.

Hesitantly V got closer, still watching them in alert when his eyes gazed at the stone with runes on it. He looks on the hooded figure again. The man repeated the movement of placing his palm on the stone surface. V watched him for a second before he carefully placed his hand on top of the rune.

Instantly the thousands of whispers echoed in his brain, tumbling one across the other, creating a hum. V closed his eyes, using his skill he learned from Seokjin and tuned down the whispers, keeping them at bay and waiting for the right ones to come forward.

-''The Shadow Whisperer has come...has come....has come...haaaaassss....shadow whisperer....shhhhh....shadow whisperer.'' – The few whispers were the loudest. Some of them were angelic, others like whispers in the night, shushing and echoing. V kept his concentration on them.

-''Haaaaasss cooomeee....hasss....the dark one has come....cooomeee....the light....light, light, light one neeeedsssssssssssss....neeedssssss.... sssssssssssss...the light one needsss you.... Hhhhhh.....''

V's thoughts fell on Tae. He could feel it in his bones that there is something about Tae. He felt uneasiness beckoning him back...back to home, back to Tae.

-''Tae.'' – V murmured, a worried crease appeared on his brow. The whispers became buzzing at the mention of Tae's name. V was momentarily overwhelmed but tried his best to stay focused on the voices.

-''The dark m....the dark.... Mmmmm.....mage, mage, mage....hhhhhhhh......the dark mage hassssssss come....come...come...'' – The whispers stirred again, becoming more alarmed. V had difficulty separating them as they all whispered at the same time now, cutting each other, telling their own tales.

-''Kill....kill.....kill the darknesssssssssss....sssssssss........you musssssst....must musssssssssssst.......it will...will....will destroy ev...ev...ev...everything..thing...thing...''

V's body vibrated within, his blood answering the call of the spirits. He felt dull pain on the back of his head.

-''Two more left...two moooooreee....one, one, one....one he...hhhhhhe....one he will be given...given, given....hhhhhhhh....ooother will be taken....taken...taken...and hhhhhhe will have...have...have....have it all......aaaaaaaaaaaaaall....two more....all....hhh.......one......''

-''The light...light...light... must....musssssssssst...ssssssssstand......must, must, must...sssstand together.....together.....sssssstand....together.....''

V's blood was drumming in his veins, the pain was less bearable.

-''Written in blood...wrrrrrrrrriiiittteeeeeen....writen....blood....blooooood....hhhhhh.....written in blood...the truth...hhhhhhh....in blood....hhhhhh....written....wriiiteeeen....written in blood....''