Survivor (6)

Kaiya and Hiro showed Echo around their small community. There were 20 cabins and one very large mansion, that Kaiya called "The Den" where most of the pack lived. The Den, was the size of a hotel, with three floors, three different wings, 100 rooms, a large living room, dining hall, kitchen, gym and an indoor pool.

The first floor, belonged to families, while the second floor belonged to single adults. The third floor belonged to couples, while Kaiya and Hiro had the east wing, third floor to themselves. They were the Alphas of the Okio Pack.

"I thought that there could only be one Alpha in a pack, how is it that there is two of you?" Echo asked as she followed Kaiya and Hiro around the house and into the kitchen where a large pot of beef stew was simmering on the stove.

Hiro lead Echo to sit on the bar stool, near the island while Kaiya took a bowl from the cabinet and ladle several portions into the bowl. She also took toasted french bread out from the oven and placed it on top before placing the bowl in front of Echo.

"Eat up. You're nothing but skin and bones."

Echo looked from Kaiya's light blue eyes to Hiro's black ink eyes then back to the bowl of stew.

"Are you sure it's alright?" Echo asked. "Isn't this a little too much, with the small supply of food and all?"

"Don't worry." Hiro said as he placed the spoon in Echo's hand. "We have a farm, a vegetable garden as well as a preserve storage. We also have extra canned food that we were able to get from the supermarket. Eat up."

Echo slowly scooped up the stew and blew on it a couple of times before placing the stew in her mouth. The richness and flavor exploded on her tongue as her eye widen in happiness before her eyes closed with pleasure written all over her face.

It was her first real meal since she woke up. Unknown tears began to slowly fall down her face as she quietly and slowly ate.

Echo could feel both of Hiro's hand and Kaiya's hand as they rub comforting, small, slow circles on her back. They let Echo eat her meal in silence as they stood by her side. If Echo didn't want to talk about it, they wouldn't ask. They could only be there for her.

Echo ate the whole bowl clean, she even used the bread to soak up all the sauce in the bowl.

"Thank you." Echo said as she placed the spoon and bowl down. "It was delicious."

"You're welcome." Hiro said as he helped clean up. "We'll show you to your room."

Kaiya hooked her arm around Echo's arm as the three of them walked up the stairs. There were no signs of anyone else, which made Echo wonder what happened to them.

"Where's everyone else?" Echo asked.

"Training, security detail, farming, gardening." Kaiya told Echo. "Everyone has a job to do. There are no idle hands here."

"Oh." Echo said as she nod her head. "Then what can I do to help?"

"What do you know how to do?"

"I don't know...." Echo scratched her head. "Fight?"

"Fight?"

"Yeah, I lost all my memories, but I know how to fight. Sword, gun, bow and arrow, freehand, whatever it is, I just know how to do it."

Kaiya and Hiro looked at each other, but they didn't say anything.

"If that is the case, then maybe you can be a training teacher for the teens. But I warn you, the teens are a wild and unruly bunch. They are quick to prove themselves, which is why they ran off and almost died had it not been for you."

"Okay. Thank you for letting me stay and trusting me with your people.... errr... pack."

"Here's our room." Kaiya said as she opened the door.

The room Echo entered was a private living room, to the right was an office and to the left was a large room, a walk-in closet, an ensuite with a shower that was also a steam room and a very large bathtub that could fit 6 people.

"Isn't this your room?" Echo asked as she came out of the ensuite.

Kaiya and Hiro nodded their heads in union.

"Then where am I going to stay?"

"Here as well."

"Where here?" Echo asked with a confused look. "In the living room?"

Kaiya and Hiro shook their heads no.

"With us. By our side." Kaiya told Echo.

"Aren't you guys a couple? Like mates or something?"

Kaiya and Hiro shook their head no.

"We are one of the same moon. Like mind and like soul. But different bodies." Hiro said.

"I don't understand." Echo told them.

Hiro lead Echo to sit on the couch before they sat beside her on each side, squishing her between two werewolves. They both reached out, took one hand and held it. Their comforting warmth made Echo relax as she looked at them with a questioning stare.

"Hiro and I were born, on the same night, same time, down to the very second, but to different parents. Our fates were foretold by the shaman elders for several generations. Our minds and our soul are linked and are the same, however we are from two different sets of parents."

"What did the shaman elders say about your fate?"

"It is told, that one day, two babies will be born during the blue moon. The babies will share the same mind and soul, however will have different bodies. The babies would be the next Alphas to lead the pack out of the darkness that would destroy the world. When we were finally born, the elders, Alpha and Luna began preparing the pack for the dark days. That is how we are so prepared for the zombie apocalypse." Kaiya said as she squeezed Echo's hand.

Echo's hand felts so small and thin in Kaiya's hand. Kaiya wanted to hold Echo's hand and never let it go.

"What does your prophecy have to do with me?" Echo asked not understanding.

"It's because, you're our mate." Hiro told Echo. "The moment we saw you, Kaiya and I knew, without a shadow of a doubt. You belonged to us as we belonged to you."

"That is why we brought you to our room, because this room also belongs to you."

"Scam System." Raine called to her system through her thoughts. "How could Valentin's soul split up into to two?"

[Error 404- Not Found]

Raine wanted her Scam System to have a physical form so she could beat it up. It was so frustrating to have such a system that was so useless most of the time.

Raine promised herself that she would upgrade her Scam System with all of her Soul Force Points next time she had a chance.