Chapter 6

I stayed under the blankets for the rest if the day, my knees tucked in tightly to my chest in order to reserve my body heat. There wasn't much insulation in this place so it got pretty cold at night. Marcia had gone to sleep a few hours ago, I could hear her small purring of her snores as she slept. Lucky her, I wish I could go to sleep that quickly.
     I sighed heavily, sitting up and pulling the blankets off of me. My skin formed goose bumps as soon as the air hit me, making me wish I had stayed under cover. I ran my fingers through my hair, grimacing at the state I was in. I needed a shower, and I needed one badly. I walked to the bathroom, pulling my cellphone out of my bra. Marcia had seen it earlier and I had to explain why I hadn't said anything. Ultimately she was pissed, I couldn't blame her for that, but once she learned the truth she accepted it. All my cell phone was good for now was music and maybe story writing if I was able to access Wattpad.
     I shut the door, noticing there wasn't a lock so there was no telling if Dennis or one of his other personalities would come crashing through the door. Personally, I could care less now what happens to me. There wasn't much that could be done to me that hadn't already been done before, and looking at it now death would be merciful. If the state found me they would send me back to my parents, if I return to them I might as well consider myself dead. I turned on the water, waiting for it to warm up as I turned on some music. Colors (stripped) by Halsey filled the bathroom as I cautiously stripped all the way down and cautiously stepped into the water. The water felt like lava, cleansing away the past and the stains from the dirt, turning my pale flesh a warm pinkish color.
     I dipped my hair into the water, baring my face up to the ceiling and softly singing along with the song.

     "Everything is gray, his hair, his smoke, his dreams…" I murmured, my voice harmonizing with the singer's as my hand dragged over my tense shoulders. Dennis's eyes flashed through my mind, the gray button up shirt that was slightly too tight for him. The warmth of his skin against mine, the sparks that lit every molecule of my skin on fire when our fingers brushed. I opened my eyes, facing the wall and grabbing the bar of soap and the fresh washcloth that was hung with careful perfection on a hook and wrapped the cloth around the soap bar before continuing to wash myself clean.
     I only paused when I felt his presence, an ice cold energy with underlying heat like the sun. I dropped my arms, turning slowly to face him. My feet felt like cement blocks, my skin feeling hypersensitive as the air pricked my flesh. Our eyes met, his facial features softening as if he was looking into me, seeing the pain beneath the surface. I shut off the water, listening to the droplets from my drenched body hit the floor of the tub. It hadn't occurred to me until now that I was completely exposed, and yet he didn't bother to look at me like that, or at least not at length. He swallowed thickly.

     "I read your cards, Emma. I bought a guide book at the bookstore and I read them. It took a while, but I understand now. No one should ever do that to a person, least of all to a pure soul like you." He said, stepping closer to me and cupping my cheek with his hand. He said I was pure, but I didn't feel so pure. I leaned my cheek into his hand, making him tense for a second before pulling me into him, never minding the wetness of my skin. "It was a mistake to have taken you with those other two. You do not belong here, but now that you have seen our faces I can't let you go. But I can make you more comfortable if that is what you wish?"

     "What about Claire and Marcia?" I asked, blinking up at him.

     "They are impure. They have to stay here." He spoke simply. I nodded slowly, guilt enwrapping my senses. I shouldn't be agreeing with him, I should be looking for a way out of here but Gods did his body feel so warm. Inhumanly warm. I allowed my eyelids to flutter, sinking into his scent before my hands, somehow moving on their own, gently pushed him back a few inches.

     "Dennis…I can't just sit comfortably while Gods knows what happens to them," I spoke gently. His brows arched, mouth gaping as if taking in a quick breath. I felt his heart pounding beneath my palms.

     "What's going to happen to them is an honor. Really, Emma."

     "But there is a part of you that isn't comfortable with whatever will happen, right? That's why you want me out of here, out of this room? Whatever is going to happen is something that could be considered wrong and immoral so why are you still going along with it?" My question paused his response. The internal battle once again raged and before I knew it I felt a sharp pang of pain spreading across my lips. I was subconsciously biting at my bottom lip, causing them to bleed. His eyes zeroed in on the red liquid pearling along my lip line.
     His hand rested on my shoulder, his thumb wiping away the wetness. Then it happened, for the first time his cold eyes raked down my body slowly, taking in every curve and edge to my body. His eyes widened as he took in the swells of my breasts. I don't know why his wandering eyes didn't bother me but for some reason all I did was stand there, letting him see my scars and marks, my imperfections.

     "I don't want to lose you." He admitted, his eyes halting at the plethora of scars lining my stomach, hips and thighs. His voice was low, shaky. I stepped forward, my breath matching his voice. My fingers trembling as they slid up his chest and neck, cupping his cheeks. His eyes met mine in a furious blaze of hunger and passion and vulnerability. The tension between us tightened, weighing down on us like a blanket before his lips claimed mine.
     I first tasted salted copper, a result from my bitten lip, then suddenly I tasted him. The taste of mint toothpaste and tea. A perfect mixture for someone with OCD. It made the corners of my lips curl upwards, a hint of a smile spreading with our kiss. I was so lost in thought I hadn't even felt his rough fingertips trailing down my back and tracing all of my scars. His thumbs dug into the dips of my hips gently, making shivers run down my spine as he pressed himself against me. I moaned softly, unable to stop myself.
     This only seemed to urge him on, his kisses only deepening. His thick tongue invading my mouth, exploring every corner as if conquering a battlefield. He whimpered, his spine tensing as my nails gently dug into the curve of his shoulders. His tore his lips away from mine, looking almost pained. My eyes widened with worry. Had I hurt him? His chest was heaving with lusty breaths and he stared hungrily at me.

     "I have to be good, Emma. I can't tou— God I want—just please….please just come with me. Let me take you somewhere safe?" Dennis struggled to get the words out. My brows drew together, my shoulders slumping in defeat. My heart grew heavy. I didn't want to break his heart, but I couldn't just leave Marcia behind. I opened my mouth to speak only to find the words escaping me.

     "Let me think about it." That's it?! That's all you could come up with? I scolded myself inwardly. Dennis inhaled sharply, nodding his head curtly before turning away and sneaking out before Marcia woke up, leaving me stranded in the bathroom. Alone and wet, and not in the fun way. Or what I guessed would have been the fun way. I sighed heavily, gripping the towel hanging to the right of the shower and wrapped myself up and stepped out of the shower. My cards flashed into my mind, reminding me of the decision. I sighed heavily, grumbling under my breath as I suddenly felt their absence. Dennis had my damned cards and he read the meaning of the reading. In my shock and sudden PTSD moment I left them on the table just for anyone to read and now, in this moment, I hated myself for it. I needed a new plan to get my cards and get us out of here. The only remaining, uncertain variable in all this? Time.