Chapter 15

The sirens began not too long after she fell asleep. He sat there, pressing soft kisses on her forehead, smiling and whispering calming promises into her ear until her heard them blasting, losing the light when the tires from police cars disturbed the gravel beneath them, kicking up dust.
     The Beast tightened his grip around the girl, a protective growl rumbling deeply from his belly. Her scent was marvelous, almost hypnotic in its smell as if it carried thousands of tiny whispers. He was indeed happy with his disciple's find. She would be an excellent mate for them if she could come to accept Kevin's condition and the Hordes ideology. He had been sure that with time she would come to see the truth. His eyes caught the gleam of dark crimson liquid glazing his fingertips. He was sure it wasn't his blood, the impurities that he had consumed put up little fight and he was able to bring them down easily.
He brought his fingertips up to his nose and breathed in deeply. The scent was familiar, sending shivers down his spine. His muscles flexed in response, his mouth watering. He was aching for a taste but he denied himself as little beams of light flashed around wildly before settling on her face then on his. It was her blood, he confirmed as he saw the red liquid dripping on his pants. A feral growl escaped from deep within the storm of his belly.

     "Put the girl down!" A loud but weak voice barked loudly. The Beast raised his head, blue eyes turning bloodshot with hunger. "Oh Jesus!" The cop whimpered out and turned the safety of his gun off as he pointed the barrel at the Beast. The Beast chuckled, his teeth bared.

     "Mortal weapons cannot bring me down."

     "I'm only going to say this one more time. Put the girl down." The cop said a little braver. His hand still trembled slightly as he spoke. The Beast did as he was told, placing Emma's head down gently, his fingertips stroking the soft skin of her cheek before he felt a surge of power overcoming him. His muscles bulged, his eyes narrowed and his veins swelled to the surface as he charged towards the officer. He hadn't noticed the other offices surrounding them, he hadn't tried to smell their scents. All he knew was that he had to keep the girls safe. He had to take the fall for her hunt so she could be free.
     He charged headlong into battle, ignoring the flying mass of bullets that surrounded him and while most of them missed a few hit their targets. The pain was abrupt but quick to dig its talons into the layers of his muscles. It was almost enough to knock him off his course. With a grunt he crashed into the cop. A burley man with heavy anti bullet armor on him, his brown eyes widening as the Beast wrapped his arms around him. Grass was pulled reluctantly from the ground as he clasped his hands together around the mans back. He smelled like cigar and gun powder.
     His fingertips turned white as he squeezed, the pained screams of the man beneath him almost drowned out the sounds of gunfire as they scooted forward. The Beast' legs moved like an alligators as it pushed off of dry land into a cool river. Bones broke beneath his embrace, he could feel the shards puncturing the mans organs. Bullets continued to fly, pelting him in the back heavily. They didn't puncture deeply. They only left superficial scars as they sliced and fell to the ground. The man in his clutches fell limp, his lifeless body still warm.
The Beast stood up slowly, staggering as bullets still continued to hit him. He leaned back, unleashing a mighty roar which made the officers pause. Horror plastered on their faces, their skin paling.

"Jesus Christ what is he?" He heard a female cop exclaim. He fell to his knees, letting them take him so Emma had a chance to be free. She was meant for so much more than containment. The cops made quick but careful work with him, cuffing him with useless handcuffs standing him up. They led him away, muttering his rights to him. He smirked at them smugly. He could have escaped. He could break free from the chains and tear their hearts out, but it was not their time. He was focused on the future of this world, of finding the impure adolescences and saving them from a fruitless life. He was still sure that the broken were the more evolved, and he would rejoice when the broken became the majority instead on the minority.

Hey guys, Willow here. I apologize for the late and short update. I just moved and was without WiFi for a while. So, I have decided that this is the end to the first of many in this Split series for me. I'm working on the next book, it should be coming soon! I hope you guys stick around for The rest of the story. See you in part two.