01

"Happy Birthday Mum" Jack and I say together as he places a cupcake on her grave stone

"We got our letters from Belgrave, thin, bad sign" Jack sighs fiddling with his envelope as my own hands do the same.

"You open your's first" I say to Jack, nervous to open mine. Jack nods in acknowledgment and rips open the seal.

"Dear Mr. Morton, Thank you for your application to Belgrave University. We regret to inform you....." he trails off shaking his head " I'm sorry Mum I did everything I could". I put my arm around his shoulder and pull him to my side, offering him comfort. Jack looks down at his envelope and mumbles.

"What?" I ask confused. He gives no reply so I look down to see the words on his envelope shift and change before my eyes. "What the heck?" I question with my eyebrows knitted looking towards Jack.

"We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for the admission to the Belgrave class of 2023. Full scholarship, living allowance Mum I got in, I got in. Fucking aye!" he exclaims drawing the attention of an elderly couple.
"Sorry for your loss" he says to them as I try to contain my laughter.

"Okay your turn" he turns to me smiling in anticipation.

I frown and look down at my envelope ripping it open with shaky hands. I scan over the words mumbling to myself, too scared to read aloud. My mouth forms a massive smile and I laugh with relief as I turn to Jack.

"I got in, Oh my gosh Jack I got in, with a full scholarship and living allowance too!" I exclaim with disbelief. He smiles and picks me up engulfing me in his embrace as I squeal in delight.

"Mum would be soo proud" Jack says putting me down.

"She would be proud of both of us" I say in return.

~~~~~~~~~~

I sigh as I look around my room for the last time.
"This is really happening" I say to myself in disbelief.
I grab my back pack from my bed and my suitcase from the ground and walk out of my room closing the door behind me.

"Jack?!" I call out searching the house, "Pops?!".

"In here!" I hear a distant reply coming from the garage.

I walk towards the garage and peek inside to find Jack and Pops standing in front of Dad's pictures. "There you guys are, for a second there I thought you guys left without me" I say sighing in relief.

"Psssh when have we ever forgotten you" Jack replies waving a hand in dismissal.

"How about that one time you guys left me at the grocery store and didn't realise until you got home" I say folding my arms in front of me, challenging them.

"Hey that was an accident" Pops says pointing a finger at me.

"You left me there for an hour by myself and when you did come back I was playing UNO with the manager" I reply huffing.

"Ok, ok, I get it. Just get in the car" he sighs opening the truck door.

I groan and make my way towards the truck hoisting my suitcase and bag into the boot before climbing in the truck. "This isn't over" I say in a joking manner, squinting my eyes and pointing at both of them.

"Yeah, Yeah"Pop says reversing out of the garage.

~~~~~~~~~~

I play with my hands nervously as we pull up beside the University.
"I can get you guys closer" Pops says looking towards us.  

"Nah it's all good" Jack replies turning to admire the school.

I shake my head at Jack even though he can't see me. I turn my head to Pops "It's alright, but thanks anyway Pops" I smile.

Jack and Pop open their doors and get out of the car. Jack holds open his door so I can get out,  "Thanks" I say to Jack.

"No worries" he replies, closing the door after I get out. We head towards the boot where Pop is getting our bags and my suitcase out of the truck.

"What's the matter, don't want your crazy grandfather scaring all those parasites" Pop questions.

"Basically" Jack says smiling at Pops.

"Makes sense I guess" Pops says leaning against the boot of the truck.

I look at Jack in disbelief and smack him on the arm, "Of course not Pop, we just........want to admire the view from here?" I reply not wanting to hurt his feelings.

"Sure" he says dragging out the 'u'.  He sighs and looks towards the both of us. "Your mother would be so proud of you both, all your hard work paying off" he says smiling at us. "You got into Belgrave" he whispers in disbelief, proud of us both.

"You getting pledged?" Pops asks. I roll my eyes and hoist my bag to my shoulder and grab my suitcase.

"Ok this is when I go, bye Pops love you and see you Friday yeah?" I question pulling him into a hug.

"Love you, and definitely" he says smiling.

I turn to Jack, "I'll see you later for the tour?" I ask smiling.

"Yep meet me near the sign ok" he says bringing me into a side hug.

"Sure, bye" I say waving to them both as I walk to the University.

"Pops and that bloody Blue Rose" I sigh under my breath, shaking my head in disappointment. He just had to ruin our goodbye with this "mission" of his.

A/N
I know it's short but I promise the chapters will get longer. And don't worry Stella and Randall meet next chapter.