06

I sigh as I walk beside Jack embracing the feeling of the sun kissing my cheeks

I sigh as I walk beside Jack embracing the feeling of the sun kissing my cheeks. I look at him through my peripheral vision noticing the tension on his face. I cough, bringing his attention to me.

"So what did Pops say?" I ask, gripping onto the straps of my bag keeping my gaze on the ground.

"Um, not much really" he replied fiddling with the hem of his denim jacket.

I stop walking and cross my arms squinting at Jack. "I know you're lying" I sighed.

He finally stopped walking and turned towards me brining his hand through his hair tugging as he got towards the end. "Fine!" he yelled walking towards me. I watch as he stares at the ground fiddling with his bag straps. " All Pops really said was how important this is and how everything is going to plan" he admitted frowning.

He groans as I give him a small smile bringing him into a side hug. "And you're scared of letting him down, I get it. But we both know he's an old grumpy man who has been waiting a long time for this. He's just overly excited, don't worry. I'll use my puppy dog eyes on him for you if worse comes to worst" I reassure him getting a small smile in return.

I let go of him as he turns to stand in front of me. "Hey I'm the older one here, I'm supposed to be the one comforting you" he laughs.

I chuckle at him shaking me head. "You're only older than me by a few minuets" I retort patting his shoulder, continuing to walk.

I smile as I hear a distant "It still counts" followed by heavy foot steps.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever" I laugh as he throws an arm over my shoulder squeezing me towards him. My smile falters as I see the entrance to the grave yard. Flashbacks of the red eyed wolf hit me as Jack tugs me forwards.

"What are we looking for again?" I ask as we dodge the ageing tombstones, my heart feeling heavy as we near the stone that holds our mothers name.

He turns his head towards me removing his arm from my shoulders. "Anything that proves what happened that night" he said, his eyes scanning the surrounding tombstones. I nod and we split up in hopes to cover more ground quicker.

My eyes squint as I focus on a weird ditch in the ground. As I walk closer my breath hitches as the shape of a large paw print was embedded in the disturbed mud. I kneel down in front of the print, my blue faded jeans getting wet from the morning dew. My hand shakes as it hovers above the print eyes widening as those bright red eyes flash before me.

I shake my head out of my daze and call for Jack. I get up off the ground and wipe my hands on my already wet jeans as I hear him approaching. I watch as he looks to the print then to the direction it was heading in.

I shake my head realising what he wants to do. "No. Nope. Not happening, I'm not going after that thing" I say looking to Jack with my eyebrows furrowed.