03

It's the next day and I'm on my way to see Jack

It's the next day and I'm on my way to see Jack. As I'm walking through the hall I'm flooded with noise from the other students gossiping with their friends as they make their way to their morning class.

"Jack, it's me Stella. You better be clothed" I say knocking on his dorm room door. I hear no response so I open the door as slow as possible and peek my head through to see if he's in. Luckily he's decently clothed with his denim jacket and grey shirt lying on his bed.

"So you were just going to ignore me?" I question angrily as I step into his room closing the door behind me.

He sits up on his bed and turns to face me. "Well I was going to wait for you to leave but obviously that didn't work did it?" he said sighing as he tied up his shoes.

Before I could reply 4 knocks were heard at the door with a "Mr Morton, Chancellor Stone. Detective Hayashi here has some questions for you" following it. Jack stands up and plays with his fingers nervously.

I turn to Jack with my eyebrows raised and arms crossed in front of me. "What have you done now?" I interrogated him hardly surprised that he's already in trouble.

"This is the part where you open the door and let us in" I hear the voice say impatiently.

"You should answer that" I say with a smirk as I head towards his bed and sit on the edge crossing my legs.

He jogs towards the door and opens it slowly before the door is pushed out of his hands and opened further. A woman and man stomp into the room obviously irritated it took Jack long to open the door.

The woman is dressed formally with a black skirt and burgundy shirt and the man has a trench coat with a suit underneath. Feeling like I'm intruding on something important I move further up the bed and rest against the headboard to make myself as far away from them as possible.

I play with my fingers as the woman and man look towards Jack as he goes to sit on his bed by my feet. "Who's this?" the woman says annoyed by my presence.

"That's my twin sister Stella" Jack replies innocently as I awkwardly wave to them.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave" the chancellor says with a straight face. Afraid of what she might do I nod my head and hop off the bed scurrying out the door.

I close the door slowly and learn my head against the door straining to hear what's happening. My efforts are useless as all I hear are sounds more than actual words.

I stand there leaning against the wall next to the door for minutes until I hear the door knob rattle. Not wanting to get in trouble I turn away from the door so my backs towards them as I hear someone  walk out. I turn my head a little to see only the detective had walked out.

Only a couple minutes later I hear the door open again. I wait until the footsteps are gone until I hurry into the room and slam the door shut behind me resting my hands against the door. "So" I say drawing out the 'o', "what was that all about?" I question Jack.

Getting no response I turn around to see him looking at something on his bed. I walk forward to see him pick up a paper and something blue.

"What's that?" I ask trying to look over his shoulders.

"Nothing" he replies as he stuffs them into his pockets.

I shake my head and pop my hip out resting my hand on my hip. "You're lying" I accuse with my eyes narrowed.

"Stella just leave me alone ok!" He yells at me with a red face. I stare at him blankly before I shake my head and turn on the ball of my feet towards the door.

"Wait Stella I-" I cutt him off by slamming the door in his face and stomping down the hallway. "Stella!" I hear Jacks distant voice coming from the end of the hallway. I ignore him and continue to walk away towards my dorm.

As I'm walking away I look down towards the ground too annoyed by Jack to make eye contact with anyone as I push past other students. Just as I'm about to exit the building I bump into someone sending myself and them to the ground. "I'm so sorry" I say looking up towards the stranger.

"Hey, it's no problem" he says smiling as he stands back up. "I love your boots by the way" he compliments looking towards my thigh high black velvet boots.

"Thanks" I reply smiling. "My names Stella, Stella Morton" I say sticking my hand out for him to shake.

"Brandon" he says in return shaking my hand. "No but honestly I really do love your boots we should go shopping together some time" he rants as he looks at my outfit.

"We should" I say laughing. "How about this weekend?" I ask happy that I've made a potential friend on my own.

"That works for me, here's my number" he says as he writes his number on a piece of paper handing it to me, "text me about it".

I take the paper and slip it into my pocket making a mental note to put it into my contacts on my phone.
"Yep, definitely" I smile and wave as we go our separate ways.

"Ha suck on that Jack, I don't need you anymore" I whisper to myself as I make my way towards my next class. "I really needed a friend" I smile gripping my bag straps and walking with a skip in my step.

A/N
Ha bet you guys thought Brandon was going to be Ranadall. Sorry to disappoint but I don't want this book to be too cliche so I want Stella and Randall to take it slow. Anyway I brought Brandon into this because it helps a lot for what I have planned for how the book is to end.