05

I pace the small space of Jacks room as he looks up at me from where he's sitting on the edge of his bed

"Ok, let me get this straight" I say stopping to turn and look at him, "The so called society 'Blue Rose' is real and you've been pledged, and they do some voodoo magic shit and it's top secret so I shouldn't say anything?" I squint my eyes and cross my arms in front of me looking to him for confirmation.

He leans forward and rests his elbows on his arms and holds his head up with his hands. Jack nods, "Yep" he replies shrugging.

"If I didn't see this magic shit in person or that big wolf thing I really wouldn't believe you, but i guess it kinda makes sense...?" I say to him but also questioning myself waving my hands around like a mad person.

I sigh and turn to sit next to Jack on the edge of his bed. "So.....can you show me some magic" I smile teasing him.

He turns to me trying to look annoyed but failing as a small laugh escapes his lips. "Shut up you're soo annoying" he laughs pushing me slightly making me laugh as well.

"Ok anyway" he said dragging out the 'a', "I'm going back to Pop's" he stood up. "He's gonna help me figure out what that beast thing was last night" he continued putting on his denim jacket and grabbing his wallet.

I stand up and grab his arm before he can start walking. "Wait, you told Pop's about all this before me?" I question slightly hurt that he didn't trust me enough to tell me.

He turned to look at me with a confused look on his face. "Yeah, he was the one who wanted me to get into the Blue Rose" he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Before I can say anything further he walks out the door leaving me alone and full of unanswered questions. I pinch the bridge of my nose and groan loudly before stomping out heading towards my own dorm, closing Jacks door behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~

A laugh escapes my lips as Brandon and I leave the mall, my arms completely covered with bags.

"Girl are you good?" He asks looking at me with wide eyes.

"No yeah, I'm fine. The bags are just a bit heavy" I say waddling struggling to keep up with him.

"Are you stress shopping or something" he laughs watching me struggle.

"No" I whisper looking down towards the ground. I look up to see him with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. "Ok yes" I mumble trying to hide a smile.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong" he said as he grabbed some of my bags, helping me carry them to his car.

"Thanks. And um, I just found out that my brother was keeping something from me and I was the last person he told. But the only reason he actually confessed was because I witnessed it soo....I feel kinda betrayed ya know" I reply with a frown. Brandon opens the trunk of his car putting his bags and mine in the car before heading towards the drivers side.