p. 03 the stupid tune

•A few years back, before Y/n moved away •

A few years back, before Y/n moved away •

"Hitoshi~! Toshi toshi!" I shouted and waved, my worn shoes slamming against the pavement as I ran towards the taller boy. A large smile decorated my face as I ran in his direction, showing off my unusual small set of fangs.

The violet-headed boy immediately perked up at his name being called, his eyes widened as he drifted his attention off the chalk-covered concrete to the bright and cheerful girl that was barreling his way towards him.

Once he finally realized who it was, his hard and stoic facial features soon melted into a relaxed one. I was rewarded with a soft-close lipped smile as I drew closer. He stood up from the bench, a small wave coming from him.

I couldn't ignore the stares. I usually tell the stupid kids off whenever I'm near Hitoshi, I don't know why he gets so much hate and he usually talks to drown out their words when I'm with him.

The prickling sensation of eyes were now all over my body, causing my skin to itch and a feeling of uneasinesswash over me--

Sometimes it became too overwhelming. It was almost unbearable, even if I knew Hitoshi for so long. I should be used to this.

He always knew when I was uncomfortable about it, too.

It made me feel terrible. I wish he was more oblivious.

But I guess.. you couldn't ignore what you cause.

"Are... you sick?" A soft voice snapped me back into reality, and I instantly felt nauseous at the sound of his voice. I was too deep in thought that I didn't even notice I stopped in front of him.

"N-no..! I'm fine, Toshi. Just a bit concerned on my grades." I chuckle, my hand going towards the back of my neck subconsciously. I felt a bead of sweat trickling down the side of my face.

He usually dislikes when I call him by his by his nickname, "Toshi," but it seems like he's not affected by it right now.

Maybe he didn't even hear me.

"Hmm.." Hitoshi hummed in acknowledgement, as if he's in deep thought. He shoved his hands in his pockets, his eyes moving off from my figure to the crowd of students behind me. Hitoshi huffed, his expression becoming stoic. There was a certain emotion that glazed over his eyes, but they fluttered shut once he caught me staring.

Did I see a glimpse of sadness?

"Don't I tutor you? You're smart enough as it is.."

Hitoshi's words trailed off, and it became silent. His face seemed pained, and I grew a bit concerned.

"Tosh- - ?"

"Let's go home." His voice had an icy chill to it, which made me break into a nervous sweat. It made my spine rattle and my skin crawl. I gulped, and he turned away to began the journey on returning to his residence.