p. 8 hospital dreams

// comments and favs appreciated <3 //

UNEDITED

◇♡◇

Soft, rhythmic beeps welcomed me awake, encouraging me to get up and begin to start the brand new day.

I assumed it was my alarm clock.

Fluttering my (e/c) eyes open - -

...

Or, I attempted to. They felt as if they were simply super glued shut.

A wave of confusion washed over me as I felt like I was missing something, a piece that would finish the puzzle. The last thing I remember was getting off the train to find the amethyst haired male I called a "childhood friend."

Now.. I can't see. And my bed is feeling a lot more comfortable than usual.

Hushed whispers accompanied the beeping of a machine, and I moved my hand towards the sound aimlessly to try and turn off my alarm clock.

A hand was met with mine. And I was too weak to pull away, it was a struggle already to move my arm.

Fear hit me like a truck instantly. I felt cold, and vulnerable.

As my fingers intertwined with their's, a barrier inside me shattered.

My ears rung for a swift moment, until they popped and the beeping became louder and more irritating. The hushed whispers became casual speech.

I kept my mouth shut, not trusting my voice.

"Don't do that." A familiar voice stated, his voice giving off warning signals. He sounded exhausted and drained, I could basically hear the lack of sleep he was getting.

A flash of cold, calculating indigo eyes appeared in the dark void of my mind, and I clenched the hand tighter instinctively.

Is that.... Hitoshi's voice?

The beeping of a machine picks up just a tad, yet it was noticable.

Am I... holding his hand..?

Attempting to yank my hand away from his one last time, I sighed in defeat when he only held it tighter.

...