【 ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ 】

❛ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ❜

✧ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ✧

K A T S U K I

I raised my eyebrow at the green-haired boy sitting next to me, who was currently coughing violently, spitting out the tea he'd just attempted to drink before I'd made a humourless comment that was somehow hilarious to him. Tears streamed down his reddened face as he struggled to breathe, trying desperately to clear his airway. The other people in the park gave him odd glances, but made no attempt to save his life. My brain didn't register what was actually happening, so I didn't try to do anything either.
"What's so funny about apples?" I asked, continuing to just stare awkwardly at the dying child. When Deku did manage to clear his throat and take a breath, he held his head in his hands as he laughed to himself. 

I shifted away slightly.

"Have you completely lost it?" I questioned.
"I think s-so," Deku smiled, wiping the little drops of tea that had ran down his chin in his haste to breathe.
"You're so fucking weird," I noted, looking back down at the book in my hands.
"Yeah well, you could've at least tried to help me, meanie," Izuku pouted, drying his eyes and gently pouring away the rest of his tea onto the grass beside the bench. He watched as a small puddle formed; slowly draining as it sunk into the earth.
"I didn't even realise what the fuck was happening," I defended, "Don't expect me to always save your stupid ass."

On a nice Saturday afternoon, the park is usually the ideal place to just sit around idle to enjoy yourself, and with its added sentimental value to us, we'd decided to take our 'study session' out here. Not that we'd done much studying...nor did I really intend to. It was just nice to be able to sit with Deku without the prying eyes of our classmates. I flicked through one of my English textbooks, frowning at the extracts that I had to study.
"Oi, Deku, you done this?" I asked, tapping my green bean on the shoulder. His emerald orbs scanned the page before he nodded.
"Can I copy you?" I smiled, "Y'know...'coz you love me?"
Izuku stared at me through a narrowed gaze, until he caved in. He could never say no to me...which probably wasn't a good thing.
"Just, change it up a little, and if Present Mic asks, you're the one that copied, not me...I'm not letting you throw me under the bus again just so you can skip detention. I love you Kacchan, but not to the point of stupidity."
"Yeah yeah," I waved him off, quickly stealing his textbook and beginning to scribble down the notes he had made. Always so neat and calculated...every note in so much detail with big words that I'm sure he only uses to fuck people up. Like honestly, what's 'juxtaposed' supposed to mean? Pretty sure that bastard is making this shit up.
"Um...Deku?"
"Yes?"
"...I don't know how to change it."
He sighed, muttering "want me to breathe for you, too?" under his breath as he took both books from me and began scribbling down new notes.
"I heard that," I warned, only earning a hum of acknowledgement from him. As he jotted down words that I could hardly even read, let alone understand, I let my gaze wander to our surroundings. The picnic bench we'd claimed happened to sit under the shade of a large oak tree, with the cliche 'initials enclosed in hearts' carvings on the trunk of it.

Gross.

From where we were sitting, the children's play area was in plain view. Squealing kids clung to the bars of the swing set and the climbing frame, managing to squeeze themselves into the areas that no architect intended a child to climb to. I smiled slightly as a child stood at the very top of the climbing frame, screeching his heart out like he'd just reached the peak of Mount Everest.

"Suck it, peasants!" He roared.

"Jeez, how old is that kid?" Deku asked from beside me, looking up from the books, "...He kinda reminds me of you."
"Hey!" I protested, until the kid suddenly burst aflame, "actually no, you're spot on there."
"Woah...flashy quirk," he gasped, "Hey kid! Can I talk to you?!"
I covered my face in lowkey embarrassment as Deku scrambled off of the bench, running over to the kid waving his hands. The inferno child went full on savage mode, and just began hissing at him.
"Don't get too close Izu!" I yelled out to him, "you're gonna get-"

"AhHhHH!!"

"...burned," I finished, wincing slightly as the demon child launched himself at Deku, tackling the poor boy to the floor.
"He'll be fine," I mumbled, pulling out my phone and quickly glancing at the notifications that were displayed, "...Probably."
More screams erupted from people around me, practically cancelling out Deku's cries for mercy. The shrill sounds of terror echoed through the open space like an alarm, catching the attention of the few oblivious citizens. I looked up instantly, mainly out of confusion. Deku wasn't pinned anymore; his attacker now tucked safely behind him as he stared off at something that I couldn't see through the large oak tree clouding my vision.

"K-Kacchan," He called, "We have a problem!"

I frowned, quickly jumping over the bench to see what he was talking about. Running over to him, what he was staring at finally came into view.
"Holy shit," I whispered.

The large open field that was once unpopulated was now completely crowded with Nomus. Rows and rows of them, lined up, snarling, but not making a move.
"Where the fuck did these dickbags come from?" I asked rhetorically.
"We need to clear the area, right now," Deku urged, picking up the boy and throwing him over his shoulder. I nodded, quickly rushing over the the climbing frame to help the remaining children down.
"Everybody move it! You can't be here, clear the area!" Deku yelled. It was hard to hear him over the screams of the people, but they seemingly got the message and began running in the right direction.
"Noooo!" A little girl whined, clinging to the climbing frame, "I don't wanna go!"
"You don't have a choice," I growled as I pried her off, carrying her under my arm, "Someone call the Pro Heros!"
A few people reached for their phones, one-sided conversations now added to the mass of screams that continued to break the silence. I made sure the last kid was off the playground before catching up with Deku, watching as he shooed people out the gates of the park.
"Did you get all the children away?" He asked, breathless. I nodded, putting down the little girl I'd snatched off the equipment.
"W-Wait!" A small voice called, catching both our attention. A little boy was running, tears streaming down his face, towards us, "w-wait!"
Deku's eyes widened, and before I could even take one step, he was gone. He'd activated his quirk, taking huge strides towards the child with his arms out. I silently cheered once he reached the boy, picking him up on his back. Just at that moment, the Nomus started moving; a pack of starved wolves dashing towards my lover and an innocent boy.
"Izuku!" I screamed, but I was too late. The flood of Nomus completely took him out, and I lost sight of him in the ocean of black. Using my quirk, I ran blindly into the danger zone.

Not again, you bastard!

I slammed my fist into the first Nomu I got into close enough to, a roar of rage escaping my lips. Igniting my quirk, I stunned the next few as I pushed my way into the army of villains to save Izuku.
"Deku!" I yelled, ducking to avoid an attack, "Where are you?!"
When he didn't answer, my heart sank into my stomach. He must either be seriously hurt or just can't hear me, and both options I didn't like the sound of.
"Izuku, you twat, answer me!" I screamed, stunning another Nomu with my quirk. There's no way I can save Izuku or that kid on my own...I don't even think I can save myself in this situation. I tried to call out once more for Izuku in a last ditch attempt to reach him, but was silenced as pain shot through the side of my head.

Then, nothing. 

▪*:・°✧°・: *▪

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 1402

ᴘᴜʙʟɪsʜᴇᴅ: 05/04/2019

ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪᴄᴋᴇɴs...ʜᴇʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ, ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ɴᴇxᴛ ʟᴏᴀᴅ ᴏғ ʙᴜʟʟsʜɪᴛ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ! ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴀ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ!ᴅᴇᴋᴜ sᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ sᴜʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴛɪʀᴇ ғᴀɴᴅᴏᴍ ɪs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʙᴀɴᴅᴡᴀɢᴏɴ sᴏ ɪ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴀ ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ...ᴏʜ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀ ʜᴀᴛᴇʀ, ᴋɪɴᴅʟʏ ғᴜᴄᴋ ᴏғғ. ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴇʀɢʏ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ. ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴜғғ, ɪ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋs ɪɴ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs sᴇɴsᴇ ʀᴇɢᴀʀᴅʟᴇss ᴏғ ᴡʜᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ. ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛ ɪɴ 'ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ', ɪᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ.