【 ᴏɴᴇ 】

I Z U K U

I opened my eyes to pure darkness. For a moment, panic set in - I thought I'd gone blind. My ears were ringing; a sharp pain shot through my stomach. My panic subsided as a flickering light came into view a few meters away.

At least I'm not blind.

I applied pressure to the point of pain on my stomach, as if it would magically relieve me of my discomfort. My heart dropped when my fingers came into contact with my shirt, which was now drenched in some kind of liquid. I slowly ran my hand across my abdomen, and hissed as I touched what I could only assume was a wound.

Great.

I tried to stand, but was stopped by the ceiling. It hung low; only high enough to crouch in the small space. Putting my hand out into the darkness, I was surprised to come in contact with a set of bars. I followed the bars along, and found that they went all the way around, basically caging me into a small box. I sat down on the floor, I'm guessing it's concrete or gravel, leaning my head back against the bars as my heartbeat echoed through my head.
So from what I can gather, I'm locked up somewhere. Two questions; why? And how the hell do I get out of here?
"Mommy~" A small voice cried, followed by soft sobs of grief. I recognised the voice, the memory hitting me like a train.
"Hey," I called out into the dark, "Kid?"

Silence broken by a few sniffles.

"Mister?" The voice spoke, "Are you-"
"The guy from the park? Yeah," I replied, "My name's Izuku."
"Danny," The boy returned, "I'm Danny."
"It's nice to meet you, Danny," I smiled, even though he couldn't see it, "Can you see anything?"
"A small light on the wall," Danny replied, "I want my Mom."
"I know," I hissed in pain as I moved slightly, hugging myself as it faded to a dull throbbing, "I k-know. Listen, I need you to trust me Danny, okay? I'm gonna get you home to your Mom, but I need your h-help."
"You don't sound too good," He noted, "Are you hurt?"
"I'm not s-sure," I answered honestly, "But I'd take a wild stab in the d-dark and say yes. Are you hurt?"

"...Kinda."

"Alright, can you walk?"

"I think so."

"Where are you?"

"I don't know, I can't move."

"Because you're hurt?"

"No, because I'm bolted to the wall."

I frowned, squinting into the darkness as if it would magically light up the area. It didn't.
"I think I can wiggle out of the chains," He added. I listened as the sound of metal rattling bounced off the walls, followed by a snapping sound.
"Danny?" I called, worried.

"I'm okay," He replied after a minute, "I'm out."

I smiled in relief. Tiny footsteps came closer, until I could make out a small figure by the bars near the light. Just an outline, nothing more.
"Are you over here?" He asked.
"Yeah," I answered, crawling over to him. I slipped my hand through the bars and held his. He jumped with a yelp, but calmed when he realised it was just me. He sat down, pulling my hand from his and placing it on his head. I ruffled his hair in an attempt to provide him comfort, but partly to check if he had any head injuries. I couldn't feel anything, which was what I was hoping for.
"I'm scared," he whispered as he leaned into my touch, "I don't want to die."
"You're not going to die," I assured, slowly brushing the knots out of his short hair, "I won't let that happen."

"You promise?"

His hand found mine again, and he linked out pinky's together.

"I promise."