【 ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ 】

Eight Years Later...

I Z U K U

"Pro Hero Kamui Woods was found murdered today in the city centre, his body found laying out in the middle of the street with multiple unidentified wounds. The local police haven't found any enlightening evidence, and were unable to get any eye witnesses to the crime; regardless of the fact it was in broad daylight in rush hour. Pro Heroes revealed that they suspect the League Of Villains is responsible for the unprovoked murder of one of their own - because of the one thing left behind by the killer. A message, written in blood stained the roadside. 'Danny Moon.' The name relates to the big Downtown Bust three years ago, when a young villain made one final desperate attempt to claim innocent lives. Kamui made a justifiable quick decision, and ordered rapid fire-"

The clink of glass hitting the countertop echoed through the quiet room as I wiped away the trace of whiskey on my lips with my sleeve. I reached for the TV remote, silencing the incessant rambling of the news woman. She speaks as if she knows everything. As if she was there, and she knew all the details. If she really knew, she wouldn't speak so highly of a scumbag. They're all the same. Support the hero because, obviously, they can do no wrong. Well, that would be true...if they were all dead. Like they deserve to be.

"Midoriya."

I lifted the glass to my lips once more, taking a sip of the cursed fiery liquid. It burned; that's why I liked it.
"What do you want now?" I grumbled, "Can't you see I'm busy?"
"No you're fucking not," Dabi snorted, "C'mon, we gotta go." 
"Didn't you hear me, dipshit?" I questioned, staring daggers into the polished countertop, "I said I'm too busy for your shit right now. So kindly fuck off, would you?"

He paused.

"Oh well, that's okay. I'll just tell All For One to wait until you're quite finished being a spoilt little bitch, aye?"
I slammed my glass back down, watching as the object shattered within my iron grip. A trickle of crimson leaked down my palm, beautiful pain blossoming in the point of impact. I watched with wide eyes as it dripped onto the counter; a pool of poison.
"Someone's real touchy today," Dabi noted sarcastically. I tilted my head. His slender figure stood in the old doorway - I could see him now. A bored expression that, usually, mirrored my own painted across his features. Always so dull.
"Why don't you start with the important shit?" I asked expectantly, "Instead of making it your goal in life to piss me off?"
"You make it sound hard," He answered, pushing off the door frame and walking up to the bar. He jumped it; snatching a unlabelled bottle from the shelf. My eyes followed him absentmindedly.
"Practically everything pisses you off," He continued, uncapping the bottle and downing some of the clear contents, "Fucking snowflake."
I opened my mouth to argue, but closed it again. I didn't have the energy for him. Not today, anyway.
"What's this? No comeback? Now now, I'm disappointed Izu~" Dabi cooed, leaning on the edge of the counter as he stared down at me.
"You're not the first," I muttered, wiping the glass that coated my palm on my hoodie, "and you definitely won't be the last."
"Awh, poor pookie. Why such a Debbie Downer?" He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. Instinctively, I slapped his hand away.
"Are you off your meds?" I growled, "don't touch me. Ever."
"Too late," he flashed me a cocky grin, "I've already touched you. Or did you forget?"
I ground my teeth against each other. My hands balled into fists, and I cared little for the fact I was digging tiny shards of glass further into my skin with the act.
"There's that spark," He smiled, lifting my chin with his hand and staring into my eyes. I tried to pull away, but couldn't.
"A spark that explodes into a flame. What that flame is? Well, the need to fight. And my god is it beautiful."
Reaching out, I swiped the bottle from his hand and doused him with the contents. He let go of me, stepping back in surprise. Quickly, I slipped off the barstool and wiped where he'd touched me.
"I haven't got time for your bullshit Dabi," I muttered, doing my best to blink away the moisture in my gaze, "Not now, not ever."
I didn't wait for his reply as I just left the room, tugging at the strings on my hoodie. I bit my tongue, shrunk in on myself and walked quickly, doing everything I could to keep myself functioning.

I hated the hold he had on me. I hated how easy it was for him to learn what made me tick, and exploit that mercilessly. Most of all, I hated myself for letting it happen. For giving Dabi that edge to fuck with me. I was such a sensitive and responsive victim; it was too easy for him. But he was right about one thing.

"Don't shoot, don't shoot!"

Bang!

I stopped, standing completely still. Tears ran down my cheeks, and it felt like they had been for quite a while. My hands tangled in my untamed mane, tugging at the strands. I slumped down on my knees, a small sob escaping my lips.

"Make a run for it, Danny!" I screamed. He flashed me a small smile as he escaped from the loose ties that bound him. He ran for the flashing blue and red lights, waving his arms in the air.

"I'm a victim!" He yelled as he ran. Kamui Woods stood a few yards in front of the police, and raised his hand.

"It's a villain!" The hero boomed, "He's attacking! Gun him down!"

"Danny, duck!"

"Don't shoot, don't shoot!"

"Deku?"

I jumped, startled. Toga frowned at me, a look of genuine concern adorning her face. I quickly wiped my tears, hiding behind my arms.
"Mm?" I hummed in response.
"Are you okay?" She asked slowly as her gaze ran down to my hand. Her pupils dilated; her mouth hung open slightly, "What happened?"
I shook my head, scrambling to stand. I needed to see All For One, and keeping him waiting wasn't something I like to do willingly.
"Nothing," I muttered, "I'll be fine."
"Uh huh..." Her voice trailed off as she stared at the blood glistening in the artificial light on my palm.
"Dabi wanted you," I lied, "He's in the bar. It sounded urgent."
"Is that right?" She didn't seem convinced. Either way, she let it go, and sighed with a defeated "fine." I made a mental note to thank her for that subtly later.
"Oh, and one more thing," Toga smiled at me over her shoulder, "I heard Kurogiri and Tom-Tom talking earlier. Something about you and a mission...something you're not gonna like."

I grinned.

"Those are the best kind." 

▪*:・°✧°・: *▪

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 1175

ᴘᴜʙʟɪsʜᴇᴅ: 04/06/2019

ᴏᴋᴀʏ sᴏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢᴇᴛ ᴍᴏʀᴇ sᴘɪᴄʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ. ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴜᴛᴛs.