t w o

Lenora stayed put in the chair, observing the groups mannerisms from afar. She didn't really know how she felt about them all. Of course, the kids seemed nice. Carl even invited her to go catch frogs in the lake with him and Shane, who she previously knew as the guy with the gun. 

She politely declined, telling him she really didn't like frogs. The girl shuddered as she remembered when one of the class pets, which was also a frog, in second grade found its way inside of her desk and hopped onto her bare legs. She had cried for an hour in the principals office until her parents came to pick her up. From that day on, she'd always associated frogs with that memory and had hated them ever since. 

Instead Lenora decided to wander around the camp. Eventually she found her stomach beginning to growl and she looked around the camp for 'the man in the stupid hat' as Daryl had put it.  

"Hey Dale right?" She called up to the old man on top of the RV. 

"Yes that's me, Lenora right?" He asked being courteous. 

"Yeah," Lenora said hesitantly. "You can call me Lee if you'd like, I know Lenora is kind of long." 

"Alrighty then, Lee it is." Dale said smiling kindly at the girl. "What can I do for ya?"

"I was wondering if you had anything to eat?" She asked awkwardly. She felt bad asking the man she had only just met for food. The girl knew there wasn't much left in the world these days. "I haven't ate since last night."

"Well I wish you would've said something earlier!" Dale chuckled. "Between you and me, I keep a stash of granola bars right by the drivers seat of the RV. Can't miss it. I believe Andrea and Amy said something about fishing also. And if you'd like something to do, there's plenty of books stowed away also, can't promise they're any good." 

Lenora smiled widely at the kind man. From what she knew, kindness was pretty rare these days. But at the same time, she sure had experienced a lot of it lately. Beginning with Daryl saving her from the walker, and now Dale sharing his food with her. 

"Thanks." Lenora said graciously as she went into the RV, finding the stash of granola bars where Dale had said they'd be. She took one, and unwrapped it. It didn't take long for the young girl to devour the entire thing. 

When she was done, Lenora stayed in the RV looking at Dale's stash of books. Before the world seemed to have ended, she used to spend most of her  time reading. It was one of the few things she actually found interesting and enjoyable seeing as her parents weren't in any rush to care for her. 

She picked one that seemed interesting and sat at the table in the RV, hoping to escape the sun, even if only for a little while. Her pale skin was suffering from it and every inch of her body seemed to have a red tint to it from being sunburnt. 

After reading about three chapters of the book, she deemed that it was indeed not interesting and put it back. When she went back outside to the group she realized she missed a lot. Not that it really mattered, no one would notice what she had and hadn't missed. 

Jim, who was basically Dale's partner in crime when it came to the mechanics of the RV had spent the entire day digging holes that strongly resembled graves. He was now chained to a tree and Lenora frowned, feeling sorry for the man. Amy and Andrea, the two blondes who were sisters had come up from the lake with plenty of fish for us to feast on.

They were now in the process of skinning said fish as the sun went down. Carl and Sophia were working on schoolwork with their mothers. Lenora shook her head with a chuckle. In the middle of the apocalypse and kids were still doing schoolwork. 

Lenora began walking towards the chair she'd been sitting in earlier. Once again, she sat and observed. She found people interesting, always had. She observed the strange glances between Shane and Lori. She also observed the timidness of Sophia and her mother.