s i x

"Most of the facility is powered down," Jenner explained as he walked them down a corridor with multiple rooms. "Including housing, so you'll have to make do here. The couches are comfortable, but there are cots in storage if you like, there's a rec room down the hall that you kids might enjoy. Just don't plug in the video games, okay? or anything that draws power. The same applies, if you shower go easy on the hot water." 

"Hot water?" Glenn asks turning around slowly with a wide grin on his face. 

"That's what the man said." T-dog says smiling at the asian man. They both laugh before the entire group disperses into different rooms. 

Lenora stood back, watching as each room filled up quickly. She wasn't entirely sure about where to go. The girl didn't want to intrude on anyone. Noticing her hesitation, Daryl called out to the girl. 

"Lee," He voiced causing her head to snap towards his direction. "Whatchu waiting for, lets go." 

He nodded his head to the direction of the room he had claimed as his and she followed quickly. Almost as if she was scared that he'd changed his mind. 

Setting her backpack onto the floor, Lenora looked around the room. It was small, and only had a single couch and a coffee table in front of it, but nonetheless it was safe. Safe was valuable these days, and safe was irreplaceable. 

"You can have the couch." Daryl spoke gesturing the red couch with an ugly pattern. "I'll take the floor." 

He was slightly drunk, and although comical it was a sorry sight. "Thanks Daryl, I'm gonna get in the shower." 

Without a word from Daryl, Lenora walked into the accompanying bathroom and locked the door behind her. It's not that she was afraid someone would walk in, it was just a force of habit from her childhood when the tweakers her father dealt to would find themselves near Lenora's room. 

She turned on the nozzle of the shower and quickly undressed, allowing herself to relax under the hot water that almost scorched her skin. Running her fingers through her long dirty blonde hair she quickly became frustrated at all the knots and tangles and gave up after a few minutes after most tangles were out. 

When she turned off the nozzle, she quickly wrapped a towel around her body, and dried herself off. Placing the towel over her head and shaking her hair into it, she got as much water out as she could before dressing herself once more into some slightly 'cleaner' clothes.

When she exited the bathroom, Daryl was lightly snoring away on a blanket splayed out on the floor. Knowing she wasn't all that tired and didn't want to wake him, she headed to the rec room that Jenner was talking about. 

Arriving at the room, she finds Carol, Sophia, and Carl already in there. The kids are playing a game of checkers, while Carol watches with a smile on her face. 

"Hi Lenora!" Sophia says with a grin noticing the girl. 

"Lee!" Carl says, excitement lacing his voice. 

"Hey guys." Lenora says awkwardly. This is the first time in a long time anyone seems to be excited to see her. 

"You wanna play a game? We needed three people for this one." Carl says holding up a random game. 

"Uh, sure." Lenora says nervously before a smile finds its way to her face. She's never really been apart of something before, or even had many friends. This was nice. 

After about an hour of Carol silently reading and an endless amount of giggles and jokes coming from the kids, Lori entered the room with a glass of wine in her hand. "Any good books?"

"Uh-huh, enough to keep us busy for years." Carol replied and Lenora didn't pay any attention to the chatting women seeing as she was having some of the most fun she'd had in years.

She could easily see her, Carl and Sophia becoming the best of friends. They had gotten her out of her shell. After a few more minutes of the women talking, Carol got off of the light blue sofa. 

"Alright, come on kids. It's bedtime." She spoke. 

"Baby, go say your prayers. I'm gonna browse a bit." Lori tells her son who slowly gets up along with Sophia.

"This is the first night we might actually get some real sleep." Carol states out loud. Lenora smiles brightly as she makes her way back to the room she's sharing with Daryl. "It's a miracle isn't it." 

"Night Carl. Night Sophia." Lenora said as she entered her room. 

"Night Lee." They reply before she shuts the door. It's quiet after that, Daryl is still asleep on the floor. Right where she left him. 

Grabbing a spare blanket, Lee climbs onto the couch and wraps the blanket around her. She turns on her side, and falls asleep with a smile on her face. 

____

Word Count: 827

Hope you enjoyed!! 

Feedback is appreciated, leave a like and comment! <3