Chapter 5: Revelation

Walking down the stairs to a red room with a rough texture, they saw a door before them. Gray with a crescent moon shaped hole in the center of it. 'Another lock.' They thought as Ritz had phased into the room.

"I see you survived your encounter with Satan. I'm impressed, though I suppose the brute didn't know how to deal with multiple targets." The blue spirit mocked.

"Well I guess our classification on him was correct." Chris shrugged before glaring at the spirit. "Now I want some answers."

"I'll oblige since you made it here in, mostly, one piece." The spirit's aura exuded a sense of smugness.

"Well I know your name is Ritz, so I'll ask what your intentions are?" Chris growled.

"I am merely her guide. I cannot interfere even if I wanted, but I can send her on the path to...redemption." Ritz replied, Chris and Devin seeing through its guise but chose to play along to ensure Sakuri's safety.

"I see and I noticed that the creatures here don't leave their area, minus Lucifer, why?" Chris questioned.

"Look below you." The creature replied, calling attention to the pentagram below them. "I locked away this room, and any other rooms you would more than likely rest in, between dimensions. Creating a wormhole from two ends of a room for the demons. Only you three and I can exist in this space."

"Convenient, but I have to ask. If you are her guide, then how did Sakuri end up here? A better question would be why?" Devin chimed in.

Ritz eyes looked towards the center of the pentagram as a black, leather bound book appeared. Upon picking it up revealed the name on its spine to Devin, 'The Dark Grimoire.' His eyes glanced at Chris, then Sakuri, then Ritz. "Go on, ask your questions or do you have all the answers now?"

"This went missing six years ago. Why is it here?" Devin's voice lowered as he tried containing his anger.

Chris tightened his grip on Sakuri's hip as she began to lose her balance, looking at her he could tell she was troubled. He didn't want to believe it, but the pieces were all there. "Sakuri? Tell me you weren't the one who used that book. Tell me you didn't summon a demon!"

Sakuri's body tightened at Chris' sudden outburst. "I..."

"Tell them Sakuri. Tell them about your moment of desperation." Ritz taunted.

"You're not part of this!" Chris snapped.

Sakuri could feel all the eyes on her, unable to contain herself she ripped away from Chris' grip and ran into the room on the left hand side. "I'm sorry."

"Sakuri!" Chris shouted in shock as she managed to fight the pain enough to sprint away.

"She won't get far, you know?" Ritz taunted.

"Chris, go after her!" Devin said, turning to the demon before them. "I have a few more questions I want to ask our host here."

Chris nodded, sprinting towards where she ran off. The room she entered was occupied by two Corpus and two Corvus, on the ground were fresh drops of blood scattered amongst older looking blood that trailed into the next room across the hall. "Out of the way!"

Chris dodged the Corpus' attacks while the Corvus' tried to swoop at him. 'I hope you're not badly hurt Sakuri.'

Bolting into the next room he saw Sakuri hugging her knees, head buried against them, by what seemed to be a locked sewer grate. Another door off to the right was the only other thing in the room. Chris noticed the bits and pieces of torn flesh from where the Corpus and Corvus attacked, her legs were now riddled in more wounds and her once white pristine socks had turned a crusty brown from where the blood was absorbed. Her hair ruffled from where the Corvus dived at. "Sakuri?"