Chapter 9: Into The Void

"Is anyone else getting colder?" Sakuri asked as the group wandered down the dark hall between areas and into a squishy pink looking, and feeling, room. "And a little lighter?"

"Could be an illusion, but I definitely can't feel my clothes." Devin said before realizing...

"Why are you two naked?" Chris asked.

"What?" Devin replied.

"You're naked. Why?" Chris asked once more.

"I could be asking you the same!" Sakuri cried out, as she covered herself with her hands. "How can you be so nonchalant about this!"

The two shrugged before merely stating that Hell's done worse.

"Regardless, I'd like to stop feeling like the floor is licking me." Chris said, hearing Lucifer stomping behind them. "And to get away from that guy!"

Running off into the open room to the left they grabbed the red medicine at the end of it and a vent nearby that they used to escape. On the other side were two rooms on either side.

"Great, now I'm cold." Chris said, shivering. Gritting his teeth and moving into the left-most room as fast as he could move and taking an immediate right, ignoring the narrow slit in the floor at the very end, once there to find a vial of blue medicine and a shadow creature looking at him. "See something you like?"

Returning to the group, they headed down the right path to find two large Corpus in their way. Once down the room at the end of the hall they had two options, continue straight or take a quick look into the room on the left. The room ahead of them brought in a familiar stink so they took their chances with the room off to the side and found a new, small, golden vial and another shadow creature looking at them. Sakuri picked it up and inspected it. 'Elixir.'

"That...is some potent medicine." Devin stated as Chris gripped onto the blue vial he gathered.

"Let's hope there's more of these lying around then. I think we all should carry a vial of some sort." Chris said before gazing towards Sakuri, keeping his eyes level with hers. "You hang on to that one Sakuri."

"R...right!" She stammered, flushing red.

"Great so..." Devin said before the smell hit again. "I hope we don't have to trudge through that naked."

Moving back to the hall and entering the room that emitted the foul smell a vent awaited them on the other side, between the two platforms was a pit of the foul liquid from the sewers. Chris and Devin gave a nod before Chris cupped his hands for Devin to boost off from, allowing him to clear the pit.

"I know we're not exactly looking modest here, but I need you to swallow that embarrassment long enough to allow me to toss you across." Chris said with a stoic expression.

With a defeated sigh she ran full sprint before kicking off his hands and landing into Devin's arms, before quickly separating. Chris leaping over soon after.

"Enter the vent and look at the ground?" Devin asked as the three regained their bearings.

"Only way to go." Sakuri chuckled nervously. "I...I'll go first."

The two men turned away until Sakuri gave them the 'okay' to start coming through, Devin nudging Chris forward. "You first."

"Sissy." Chris teased, holding the 'y' for a few seconds before staring down at the ground as he crawled through the vent. "C'mon, we don't have long before Lucifer finds us again."

"Right, but it's not like we can..." Devin said as he crawled out of the vent to see three Arachne barring their way, one on the left and the others to their right. "Oh shit."