chapter 11

WESTON

By the sparkling and cool lake, I looked over to Ivy who was struggling with the now broken down ham sandwich, and went to her aid. With the ham now on the ground, I prevented her from picking it up and consuming it. She looked at me and smiled, and then there's that gleam in her eyes that I never want to stop seeing. I see the forever kind of thing my mother and father had in it.

Everything I see resembles a Van Gogh painting, and everything I feel resembles the warmth of the day and the calmness of the night. From the way the sun melted into the lake to the part where the wind blew against the trees and small leaves fell, I captured it all in memory. I captured it when the leaves fell on her shoulders and she smiled as she brushed it off, and I squeezed her soft palms. I captured it when she stared at the lake, reminiscing about her past life.

Her hair was down today. It was beautifully curled and neatly tucked behind her ear, showing a perfect view of her face. The face that got me trapped, and I couldn't get out because I don't want to.

"Why are you staring at me, Wes?" She laughed, her palms now on mine.

"You're so beautiful," I mindlessly say, because I feel like that's the only response someone should say to her. "I still couldn't believe that this is real."

"Well thank you, but staring is creepy," she giggled profoundly, sending shivers down my spine, patronizing and hypnotizing me. "What are you, Edward Cullen?"

"Oh-I'm sorry," I apologized.

"It's alright," she bobbed her head up and down. "It's time for you to wake up, though."

It was ecstasy, but it felt like it was a nightmare. It's only a nightmare because it's not real. It's a nightmare because I had to live with the fact that I might never experience that. I woke up with an air of silence. It slowly turned into an air of excitement as I remembered my plans with my friends.

How fun would it be if Ivy were to come along? Right now all I think of is her. I even made a list of things we have in common.

Number one. We're both friends with Felix and Andrew.

Number two. We're both rich and we love expensive things.

Number three. We are neighbors (yes, I just found out from Andrew) and our parents are friends now.

Number four. We're both attractive.

Number five. We both bite our nails, but her fingers still look pretty even though mine doesn't.

Number six. We're smart and talented and deserve to be on top of the world.

That's about all, I think. I'll probably think of more when I get into the shower. As I got ready for the road trip I planned with Andrew, Felix, and Max, a text message appeared that made my smile fade.

Felix can't make it, he said. He had to take care of a certain sick person.

"It's Ivy," he had told us over text. "She's sick because she overworked herself last night."

"Oh yeah, she told me about it today. Sean left her for his shift last night. I wondered why she didn't call me, I would've helped her go home," Andrew said when we got into the car. "She couldn't handle the MRT, let alone the public bus."

"Out of everyone, she called Felix to help her?" I asked, ignoring Orion's oblivious laughter.

"No, he called her first because they were supposed to do something last night, y'know," he explained, "but she never called so he was worried."

"And he's taking care of her now? Why not her other friends?" I questioned, somewhat pissed with the idea that they're together alone right now. It's kind of useless that I prayed about Ivy breaking up with Dylan when right after that, she walked into Felix's open arms.

"Don't worry, they're not completely alone right now," Andrew chuckled. "I sent Valentina and Alexa to go with him. Does that relieve your tension, Wes?"

I reluctantly nodded. "Very. Thanks, A."

"Yeah, now stop sulking in my car, Wes. You're giving bad vibes in a Mercedes," Orion coughed out. "I know this isn't your usual Rolls Royce, but at least it ain't a public bus, buddy."

See? We both couldn't handle public buses. That's another point for the list. I should write it down.