chapter 15

WESTON

I never would've thought that breaking my heart twice by the same girl is possible. In the same way, I never would've thought it'd be one of my close friends too. Maybe there is a god, and therefore anything is possible.

Andrew's hand putting the paper cup in front of me distracted me from my thoughts, his face once again disgusted.

"Why are you looking at me like you're disgusted?" I questioned, irritated. "I feel like you're judging me because I like a girl, yet you do too. And I know you don't tell me a lot about the girl because you're embarrassed, so we're the same. What's up, Andrew?"

"You should stop that."

"Stop projecting my opinions? Or stop defying you?"

"Stop overthinking. And yeah, stop defying me. I hate that. We don't do that here."

"I was thinking about grades, by the way. Are we not allowed to do that here too?"

Orion stared at me blankly. "Your grades?" He chuckled. "Are you on scholarship? Since when did you care about grades?"

"Since I went to school and have to have good grades to pass," I barked. "Why are you guys against me?"

"No, we're only against your thoughts and whipped-ness. It's a girl, Wes."

"A girl with pearl earrings. She's one in a million, Andrew, you'd understand, wouldn't you?"

Andrew shrugged, and Orion put on a playful demeanor. "Maybe you should look for a hobby. It's like I have swimming and Andrew has hockey."

"You think a hobby would distract me?"

Orion snickered. "Uh-huh. To distract you until Ivy and Felix break up."

"How do you know they will?"

"She told me she feels them drifting apart," Andrew answered. "Trust me, it's just a matter of months."

"So a hobby, huh? Do you guys know anywhere I'll fit in?"

"Football? Boxing?" Orion suggested, only to scrunch his face after. "No, we don't want to see bloody Wes."

"Gardening? He has those bonsai plants at home, doesn't he?"

"I don't wanna be a goddamn gardener, Andrew," I sighed. "Do you perhaps know any race tracks here? I can ask my dad for a Lambo for my birthday."

"No, we wouldn't want that," Orion spoke. "You'll be involved with the street kids and that's nasty. Disgusting. Ew."

"Golf? There's a clubhouse half an hour from here." He smiled at me, hopeful.

I enrolled in a golf membership two days later, playing golf with Ivy's father every then and so.

Suck on that, Felix.