Chapter 9

Guess who's back with another chapter! Yes, me of course. Hope you guys are ready for what I've got waitin for ya!
____________________________________

        Now for a good few seconds, everyone just stood and stared at Proton, completely unphased by his presence although it was clear that Crystal and Gold were rather confused as to who he was and what he was talking about. "Hey, do you mind? We're having an important conversation here. Besides, you probably need to get to the Pokémon Center. It's right over there you know," Gold said and he pointed to the Pokémon Center after he spoke. Silver could have sworn he saw Proton's eye twitch in annoyance.

        "Wow. Didn't think he'd escape all of those wild pokémon," (y/n) deadpanned. Silver nodded in agreement. "You two know him?" Crystal asked. "More or less. He's been after Silver for who knows how long," (y/n) replied. "I'm tired of this treatment. I need a damn pay raise! I can't keep running after this child....this is the last time though," Proton was saying although he seemed to be talking to himself.

        "Calm down Proton. You're doing surprisingly well though. Most Team Rocket members usually don't get second chances at catching that red headed boy," a new yet familiar voice said. Archer was that voice and Silver knew it well. Out of mere intinct, Silver pulled (y/n) behind him and away from Archer. "Oh, a bit protective I see. Why is it that she's the only one you're protecting when you have two others before you?" Archer said. Silver sharpened his glare on Archer, his reinforcements of grunts appearing behind him.

        Silver felt (y/n) back into him a bit and glance behind him to find that Proton's lackeys were returning as well. They were wounded but still in good enough shape to do some damage not to mention strength in numbers. "S-silver, what did you do this time?" Crystal said as she backed away from Proton's side. "I don't think he did anything this time, Crystal," Gold said as he backed into her while trying to back away from Archer's side.

        "Silver, in comparison to Proton, how bad is this other guy?" (y/n) asked as she reached for Tabunne's pokéball. "Twice as bad," Silver answered as he also reached for one of his pokéballs. "Hey, Silver, when this is all over, I'm punching you for getting us stuck in your mess again. I did promise you that I would last time," Gold muttered. "Just shut up and pay attention to the matter at hand," Silver growled, remembering well the threat that Gold made on that day. 

        "It would be in your and your friends' best interests that none of you bring out any pokémon. I wouldn't want to have to hurt them or take them away," Archer was saying as he inched closer to them. Silver knew full well that Archer wasn't bluffing too. "That's fine. I don't have to bring out any pokémon," (y/n) muttered as she began scanning the surrounding area. "That won't work this time. Those wild pokémon don't get this close to Azalea Town," Proton snapped.

        Silver heard (y/n) huff in annoyance and Gold and Crystal gave questioning looks. Did (y/n) not tell them about her ability? "We can resolve this nice and quietly so long as you cooperate. You and your friends will come with us and we'll let them go once you talk things out with your father," Archer said. "He's no father of mine," Silver growled. "Now, now. Don't be that way. It isn't his fualt that you decided to turn away from your destiny," Archer said. "Shut up! That wasn't my destiny!" Silver shouted as he clenched his fists.

        "I don't know Silver...you did seem as though everything you had been doing was right all because of what that man told you," Crystal muttered. "Silver isn't the same person anymore," (y/n) snapped. "How would you know? You weren't there wen he stole things for his father and did everything his old man asked. You weren't there when he betrayed us and almost got us killed so how would you know?" Crystal said.

        "I'm not saying it doesn't matter but you better stop bringing up Silver's past actions. Can't you see that he's trying to atone for his wrongs?" (y/n) said as she faced Crystal. "No matter how much atoning he does, nothing will erase what he's done. He will always be an untrustworthy son of a deadbeat father who never cared for him just like he never cared about us or our feelings or even anyone else," Crystal snapped as she turned to face (y/n). "You're friends with me despite all of the wrongs that I can never erase!" (y/n) said.

         "Hey, Crystal, now isn't the time to be-" Gold was saying. "Shut up Gold. I'm getting my point across. I'm not letting Silver manipulate anyone else. Especially not (y/n)," Crystal said. "He isn't manipulating me! If anything, he's the only person in this region who truly understands me!" (y/n) said, her voice now raised. It was so sudden that even Proton and Archer, who had begun watching the "entertainment" unfold, were shocked at the action. Silver's eyes widened in shock as he realized what had just happened.

        "Snap out of it, (y/n). I mean it. I'm not losing another friend this way," Crstal said. She'd slapped (y/n) right across the face leaving the girl stunned into silence. Well that was until rage began to build up in her expression. Silver quickly caught (y/n) and pulled her back, keeping her from launching a full assault on Crystal. "Wha- Crystal, why would you do that!?" Gold said after he'd processed what had happened.

        "Let me go! I mean it, Silver, let me go!" (y/n) growled as she did her best to pull away from Silver. "No, I can't do that," Silver said as he pulled (y/n) to his chest, hugging her as close as possible. "Let me go!" (y/n) pleaded as fresh tears fell down her face. "No. Please, don't start a fight here and now. Calm down," Silver pleaded. "Let me go," (y/n) whimpered. Silver remained silent and instead pulled them both to the ground, forcing (y/n) to sit in his lap.

        She stopped fighting his grip after a short time and turned to him, burying her face in his chest as she cried. Silver kept her in his embrace which he found to be a bit awkward since he wasn't too used to hugs but he bore though it. All the while, he had been keeping an eye on both Proton and Archer's sides. "Crystal, what have you done?" Gold was asking Crystal as he scolded her. Crystal didn't seem to have any remorse for her actions but Silver could understand why.

        His actions really were pretty bad although he didn't think he'd been doing too much harm back then. Even so, Crystal shouldn't have hit anyone. (Y/n)'s crying had ceased and she was now simply shaking a bit as she laid on him, probably still upset. "I hate to ruin the momemt here..." Archer began saying but Silver shot him a look so murderous that when Archer saw it, he immediately shut up but gave a defiant frown. "If you come with us no one will get hurt. We can't afford to let a single one of you get away," Proton said, not seeing Silver's look.

        "There's no way that's happening!" Gold said for he had given up on scolding Crystal. "Actually, it is happening. Victreap, use Sleep Powder!" Archer said as he released his pokémon, the next evolution of Bellsprout. It was inevitable. Silver, (y/n), Crystal, and Gold all fell victim to the sleeping spores and began to fall asleep. The last thing Silver heard before falling asleep was his own voice as he promised (y/n) that things would be okay...
____________________________________

And so another chapter is on the way so until next time you excellent readers!