Chapter 24

I decided to go ahead and binge write the rest of this book so chapters may appear at random times.
____________________________________

         "You seriously did that?! No way, that's cool!" Gold exclaimed as (y/n) untied him. "Not really. I've been feeling a bit lightheaded ever since and I got a nosebleed in the way here," (y/n) muttered. She glanced over at Silver who was resting against a wall as his Totodile nudged him for attention. She smiled at the sight of Silver's own smile as he pet his pokémon. "I don't know how much longer Giovanni will be locked in that room so we need to get going. We've got to reach Ecruteak City from here so that we can stop Ho-oh with my plan," (y/n) said as she began to untie Crystal.

        "Yeah, I don't think I want to face Giovanni any time soon if he did that. He might be losing it and no one ever knows what a crazy man is capable of doing," Gold said as he rubbed his wrists. "Giovanni isn't crazy. He knows exactly what he's doing," Silver muttered with a frown causing (y/n) to also frown because she didn't want him to stop smiling. "Hey...guys, I'm so sorry for all of this," Crystal suddenly said. Everyone turned their attention to her seeing that she was silently crying.

         "I did something stupid because I couldn't let go of a grudge and because of me, Silver and (y/n) got hurt and now we're in this stupid mess," Crystal said. "It isn't you fault, Crystal. Giovanni just used you is all. He'd been through the future already and knew what would happen so don't blame yourself," Silver said although his words made her cry even more. "I don't deserve to hear that from you, Silver. I trested you with such unjustice...and Gold, I made you angry at me. I'm so sorry that I didn't listen to you," Crystal said.

        (Y/n) caught Gold blushing in embarrassment. "Don't worry about it Crystal. I already forgave you for that stuff. You decided to helpnus out already, remeber," Gold said as he knelt down next in front of Crystal. She looked at him for a few seconds before she pulled him into a hug. "So we're still best friends right?" she asked. Gold's happiness instantly vanished and he seemed like he'd been stabbed in the heart both literally and mentally.

        "Yeah, we'll...always be best friends," Gold said with a sad pained expression. (Y/n) was the only one who could see his real reaction and she felt bad for him. "We need to go," (y/n) reminded everyone. "Right, let's go. Come on, we have to stop Team Rocket's plans," Gold said as he quickly stood after letting Crystal go. He turned away from her, wiping one of his eyes almost too quickly to be noticed before offering a hand to Silver to help him up.

        Silver also noticed this but said nothing as he accepted Gold's help. With all of their things gathered, the four of them made a quick escape all while upholding Gold's "trainer's honor" or whatever he wanted to call it. The journey to Ecruteak wasn't as quick but they ran into no trouble since Silver guided them through shortcuts and offroads while (y/n) kept the wild pokémon from attacking.

         One would think that Team Rocket would be a little less relentless afer seeing the destruction that three teenagers and an extra rampaging, pokémon controlling one. It sort of surlrised them how Team Rocket managed to come up with enough members to track down and try to oppose them. Yes, try because that's all they could do. (Y/n) attacked anything or anyone with a red R on it which almost got her in trouble with sone locals at one point while they were passing through a certain area.

        The four of them moved on after an extensive apology and Silver scolded her a bit too but she didn't entirely care. Her main priority was keeping everyone, all of her friends, safe from Team Rocket. "Can we please get a motel room for the night. I'm tired of sleeping outside," Crystal muttered as the four of them walked down the streets of Ecruteak after just entering the city. "Sure, don't see why not but if we get attacked by Team Rocket members, I'm blaming you," (y/n) nonchalantly said.

        She honestly didn't care what they did at that point in time. She was tired and it was getting close to nighttime so they'd have to rest anyway. Tomorrow would be the day that (y/n) put her plan into action to save Ecruteak from Ho-oh's fury and stop Team Rocket. Silver had told her everything his father had said about what supposedly happens in the future, including Silver's supposed death. (Y/n) wasn't letting anyone even get hurt so she surely wouldn't allow anyone to die.

         "This is the place we roomed at last time," Silver muttered as he stopped in front of the building. He had been the one leading them since he knew the city inside out. "You must be feeling nostalgic," Gold commented. "Very much so," Silver answered before he walked in. Everyone followed after him. Since there were four of them, they asked for two rooms but now they just needed to know how they'd split the rooms.

        It was painfully obvious that Silver was not letting (y/n) out of his sight but Crystal claimed that Gold would be a pervert and look through her things whenever she wasn't paying him attention which Gold immediately denied. In all honesty, (y/n) did not want to share a room with Crystal plus she felt that both she Silver would be better off knowing that the other was okay if they stayed in the same room.

        "We need to decide quickly. You never know where Team Rocket is lurking plus we're all drained from traveling and I certainly don't feel like standing here any longer than I have to," Gold said as they continued the discussion in the lobby. "It's simple enough. I'm sharing a room with (y/n)," Crystal said. "No, you aren't. That option was never available so I don't see why we're having this conversation," Silver said. "Didn't I say I wasn't sharing a room with Gold!" Crystal said.

         (Y/n) huffed in annoyance. "Crystal, you're sharing a room with Gold and that's final. You guys probably have done this before anyway so there you have it. Now you two have a nice night and try to get some sleep. Be downstairs and ready by seven," (y/n) said as she took a random room key from Gold and pulled Silver along behind her as she left. With that settled, (y/n) easily found the room and claimed one of the two beds in it.

        It didn't take long for the duo to get ready to go to sleep and they both plopped onto their beds without a word to one another but neither could actually sleep. "Silver? You awake?" (y/n) asked hoping that perhaps he also couldn't sleep, not that it was a good thing. "Yes, I'm awake," he answered. A strangely comfortable silence settled in and made the atmosphere a bit more stress free. "No matter what happens tomorrow, don't blame yourself, okay," (y/n) said for she couldn't keep her mind off of tomorrow's events.

        Silver gave her no answer for a while which made her begin to worry again. "When this is all over...there's somewhere I have to take you so survive until then, okay," Silver said. "The same applies to you too. Don't you dare die. You have to promise me," (y/n) said as she began to drift off to sleep. She didn't get to hear Silver's reply before sleep stole away her conscious.
____________________________________

Perhaps I'll extend the book just a bit more. We'll see. Until next time you fantastic readers!