Chapter 6: "No exception"

"As days go by, feeling acute reality;"

"I shed crimson blood cut by the reality."

---------------------------------------------

Only the sound of her footsteps were heard in the empty streets.

She ran, not looking back. She ran for her life.

Tears that brimmed her pearly orbs blurred her vision, yet she ran like a crazy person, not caring if there maybe was a hole underneath her.

Because the real hole was the one she was running away from. She didn't care if she fell or got run over by a car.

She just didn't want him to catch up.

she never looked back, her legs moved faster than what her body could take. Her heart was nearing its maximal frequency but it would be much worse if the man caught her, so it didn't matter.

She'd die either way.

Her sister's screams were scarred in her mind, the recent images resurfacing in her mind again and she let out a shout. A scream of anger, frustration, desperation.

She needed support, she needed help.

Her sister was no more so there was only one person left to her in this world. One last person that could save her life.

Her eyes enlarging in hope seeing a phone boot at the end of the street and with remaining efforts, she raced towards it. She hastily took the phone in her hand, dialing the only number she had memorized.

Her chest heaved up and down, tears now wetting her face as she waited for the person on the other side to pick up. In fear she looked around her, making sure that man was nowhere in sight.

"Hello, this is Ohana orphanage, may I help you?" The little girl's heart flipped as a female voice beamed through the phone. She grabbed the phone with both hands, bringing it as close as possible to her ear.

"C-c-can I talk to m-miss F-Flora?" She stuttered, trying to speak quickly but clearly.

"Who is this?"

"I- Y-Y/n! Tell her it's Y-Y/n!" Her heartbeat thundered in her ears and she clutched the phone tighter, biting down on her lip to prevent herself from sobbing. A silence ensued on the line as the woman went on the search for Miss Flora, the owner of the orphanage.

She was the only figure Y/n considered as motherly, a family. The only adult to have shown love to her and her little sister. Miss Flora was a goddess in her eyes, gentle, caring and most of all, trustworthy.

Everyone else was a liar. From her aunt to her 'adoptive' father, nobody genuinely cared for the two little kids. For them they were either a burden, or playtoys.

She gulped down the lump in her throat, thinking off the past years spent in captivation. Threats, violence, blood, these were the only things her days consisted of.

But not anymore.

She was finally going to speak to Miss Flora, she was free to tell her everything she had gone through and Miss Flora was going to come to her rescue. Yes. Everything was going to be o-

"Excuse me? Miss Flora doesn't know any Y/n. You've probably got the wrong number. Goodnight."

The line was cut off and her soul shattered at the same time. The phone was still pressed against her ear but was now trembling due to her shaky arms. It wasn't long before it was hanging down, the girl's arm falling limp to her side.