Chapter 10: "Decisions"

"Look at me, even I gave up on myself

Even I can't understand myself."

-------------------------------------------

"Please die for me."

Y/n's mind went blank while his words cut through all her thoughts. Her eyes brimmed with tears due to the pressure the man applied on her throat, making it very difficult for her to breathe in. Her slender fingers were wrapped around the wrist that was obstructing her airways.

"Wh-" A groan of pain came out as she couldn't manage to speak. But the frown on her forehead could tell that she didn't understand where all of this was coming from.

"You're in my way, Y/n. I can't get out of this place because of you." In a sudden change, his voice now contained emotions. "Just... Die!"

His hoarse voice cracked, letting her know that he was doing this much out of tiredness, not so much hate.

Coughing, she let her head fall back, obtaining just enough of a movement freedom to clearly open her eyes and look at Taehyung. Then without much thoughts, she brought her knee up, knocking the man in the stomach.

A slight yelp left his mouth while his arms hugged his body. The pain weakening his right knee, he fell on it, still clutching his suffering body.

Y/n eyed him, an expression of disbelief planted on her face as she breathed heavily. Her hand softly touched her reddened throat and she still felt the lingering contact of his fingers sending shivers down her throat.

Her hand trembled, her heart clenching at the thought of him wanting to murder her. Not that she wasn't used to people wanting her gone forever, but the same thing coming from him just made her... Sad? It wasn't the strength of his grip that hurt, or the threatening dark look he shot at her. It was the misconception she had about their relationship that slapped her hard. All these years of betrayal, all these years of living between fake dangerous people and yet she still let herself get caught in her naïve imagination.

Was she ever going to learn?

How dumb could she get? twenty-eight years of sufferance but she still wasn't capable to see through people.

And here she was thinking of trusting him with her darkest secret.

She was thinking of revealing each one of her weaknesses to this man while he was plotting her death.

Oh well, she always had to learn about life the hard way.

She already had learned the lesson but it seemed that she was being reminded to not make the same mistake twice.

And thankfully, at that.

Clearing her throat, she regained composure of her body and pinned the man down with her glare. Her eyes narrowed, her jaw clenched.

"So, you want me dead?"

Taehyung refused to look up and meet her gaze. He stayed kneeled in front of her, his arms now falling to his side. Y/n lifted her chin further up and took a step closer.

Taehyung's jaw clenched as the nude coloured high heels of the woman came in his vision, followed by her legs that were squatting down. Slender fingers tickled his slightly bearded chin as they lifted it up. His guilty eyes fell into her cat-like ones that held no emotions, no light, unlike a few moments ago.

He gulped, an uncomfortable feeling rumbling in the pit of his stomach. He didn't know what to say, or how to react. He had just tried to kill her, right there. In the spur of the moment. He knew well that she was most likely the person that deserved his anger the least, but he just couldn't help but connect her to the start of his misery.